Which wheels do i choose :(

ftfy

Well it’s currently free shipping and you get $15 off if you buy a set - so $185 shipped (and they arrive quick). But yeah I wouldn’t recommend white.

Edit: whoops, the rear is $15 more, so you’re right.

No. Pics?

I have the cycling deal tf frame as one of my daily commute bike. I like it. It’s lighter than the bike I built up off an old roadie and the geo’s great. Only issue I have is I’m 6’3" so the 59" frame is a tad too small. Sorting that out with a set of bull horns n lots o seat post. Fun light responsive bike. IMHO

woah woah woah, you don’t have a bike to put these on?

Just buy this chromed complete bike:
Cell Blinger

Or if you can handle the black/gold colour combo, this:
The Best Beginner Fixie for Under 500 dollars

Or if you want other colours, save $100 and get this (note frame material is gaspipe and thus heavier, the other two are 4130 crmo):
The BEST Beginner Fixie Bike Under $500

Those are the best deals going in new fixed/ss bikes in Oz IMHO.

The components aren’t stellar, but it’s a great start.

I know you say you want to build it up, and that’s what I did waaaay back in the fixie summer of 2005, including building my own wheels and dealing with weird parts mismatches on a 70’s 27" raleigh, but for only $300 you can have a bike that’s complete and ready to whipskid, and then replace parts as you wear them out / break them / get to know what you do and don’t like.

If you buy that $150 frame you’ll also need:

Stem
Bars
Brake(s)
Brake cable/housing
Levers
Grips/tape
Wheels/rim tape/tubes/tyres
Bottom bracket
Crankset
Chainring
Chainring bolts
Sprocket/freewheel
Lockring
Chain
Seatpost
Saddle
Pedals
Bottle cage(s)

Plus tools to work with all those parts.

Going to cost you much much more than $300 and you won’t be riding for weeks.

Ftfy? Why?

then > than

This forum doubles as a grammar forum at times

Also, buy that cell blinger. It is an awesome price for what it is. Don’t build one up, it’ll leave a sour taste in your mouth after you realise how much you spent.

Get a complete off the shelf and upgrade away. $300 is a pittance in comparison to buying all parts at full price

I couldn’t even build that cycling deal frame for $300 while raiding my spares bin and scouring ebay/swap meets.

Another total banger option is this:
Buy Charge Plug Grinder Single Speed 2010, Charge, Urban Bike for Sale in Bayswater, VIC

Nicer frame, better wheels, better parts too, takes fatter rubber, has mudguards that you’ll take off and then put back on in winter. $400 is a STEAL.

Budget isn’t a huge problem, happy to spend more then 300! Still think the cell and upgrade is the best option? Maybe I’ll go that route then. God so many options. :S

I have horrible grammar. I apologise in advance

What’s better. The blinger or the messenger? I’d like the messenger in black but if the blinger is worth the extra 100 I’ll just get that.

go look in the new buyer’s guide thread. then do some googling.

Buy the blinger, it’s got a better frame than the messenger.

Upgrade parts once things break/wear out.

Kids have so many choices these days don’t they

Thoughts on the cell stinger? I am no huge on chrome at all an I think I can deal with the black/gold.
The bloke from the LBS is doing me a list of completes for 500-600, I’ll post it here this afternoon and get some opinions. The 300 dollar idea with room for upgrades is pretty good but.

Thread closed. Drifted from original topic of ‘what wheels’.

Go here from now: http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/f4/new-buyers-guide-14354/index114.html