White Spoke Nipples

Hey Guys,

Having trouble tracking down white spoke nipples for a project of mine…

As far as I’m aware DT, Sapim, Wheelsmith and Mavic don’t do them can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers,

Sime.

You could try buying some plain alu ones and getting them individually powder-coated.

Fancy colour spoke nipples are usually anodized and you can’t anodize white,

Try spraying them white with a rattle can (screw the nipples on to some old spokes so you can spray all the way round)
Then put them in the oven at about 200 degrees to bake the paint on…

(Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this yet, let me know if it works)

this sucks, I want to be able to pull them up to tension and true them without taking the colour off…

too hard basket?

‘why bother’ basket?

I would have suggested to get them powdercoated, but it would take a while to mak a jig for the powdercoaters, and then you might get frustrated when the paint starts cracking off the nipples when you start to tension your spokes.

If it were me, I’d be too intrigued to see if it would work, so I’d go ahead and try it, but at the same time, I wouldn’t be holding my breath for good results.

i was taking the piss when I suggested this above, but I have to confess I approached a powdercoater about getting some nipples done a few years ago when I was fixated on a vision for a wheel build.

When the guy stopped laughing he thought it through - could be done in theory but would be very difficult and time-consuming (and therefore uneconomic) to make a tiny little jig and set it up for the oven 64 times (or make lots of tiny jigs) .

A toi ta toi ta toi!