Who?

Does anyone know who the guy is with a burgundy/moroonish SS with one of those kind of curvy frames. Possibly also has said coloured grips and chain too. Seen him along the parade a few times

I have no idea… and I take notice of every fixed / SS in Adelaide. Sadly there’s not many.

Unless it’s the Skidstar frame with the massive bars and red or maroon chain?

Like this:

But in maroon.

Yeh that one. Saw some guy burning down ptrush rd the other night at about 2am skidding in and out of the gutters

Yeah, I know the one. I kinda know the guy. met him once or twice. Seen it chained up out the front of the Exeter a bunch of times.

Are there any regular meets/rides in adelaide? Saw a bunch of fixies near nth adelaide one tuesday night while on a group roadie ride.

There’s a few of us that meet at the Exeter on Rundle Street every Tuesday night (although we’ve been lazy now there’s no daylight savings). Usually it’s about five or six of us. We meet at 6, weather permitting and usualy go for a spin for a couple of hours, usually stopping at various pubs, or mucking about in car parks.

Look out for the massive yellow Hoffy track bike, the black Europa with the Aerospoke, the white Soma with drops and a black Brooks saddle, or a fluoro orange hipster conversion with risers.

Don’t think I’ve seen any of those yet, haha. Will keep my eyes pealed! So far I’ve only seen a one with a white frame and white wheels with brooks saddle and bull horns.

Let me know next time there is a meet. Would be keen on tagging along!

I’d seen maybe 3 or 4 max, fixies in adelaide, and then fringe came around and there was one tied to every post. usually the yellow one around east end a bit, red one (think its a messengers) in town, some kid with a heinous multi-vomit coloured conversion

We’ll more than likely be riding next Tuesday night, if the weather is good. I was sick this week, and so was one of the other weekly riders, so we canned it. Sucks, cause the weather was amazing.

The dude that owns the yellow Hoffy works at First In Flight, which is why you’d see it around the East End.

There’s three messengers that ride red Hillbrick track bikes (one with bullhorns), then there’s the messenger Riley who rides a red Kona MTB fixed with a MASSIVE seat post. There’s the beat up blue Bianchi with orange Deep v’s (Courier Dan’s), the flouro green conversion with a Brooks saddle, a brown lager with pink deep V’s, a red Raleigh with risers (my girlfriends), orange conversion with blue Deep V’s and untaped drops, my silver Malvern Star with risers… I could go on.

What do you ride? I’ve probably seen it.

Here’s mine.

http://fixed.org.au/forums/index.php/topic,6907.0.html

Only finished building it about a month ago, so hasn’t been on the road for long. Mainly use it as a commuter to and from work along unley rd/fullarton rd.

My two…

Crappy phone photo of the Europa (with a new wheel!).

Me & my Malvern Star (different tyres and grips on this now).

I usually ride along Port Road to the City during the week.

i sometimes ride my track bike to track racing, and sometimes to the shops/pub

its a green mercian with white seat and grips and highly impractical tubular wheels

brakeless bro, fully skidding and spinz

The dude that owns the yellow Hoffy works at First In Flight, which is why you’d see it around the East End.

There’s three messengers that ride red Hillbrick track bikes (one with bullhorns), then there’s the messenger Riley who rides a red Kona MTB fixed with a MASSIVE seat post. There’s the beat up blue Bianchi with orange Deep v’s (Courier Dan’s), the flouro green conversion with a Brooks saddle, a brown lager with pink deep V’s, a red Raleigh with risers (my girlfriends), orange conversion with blue Deep V’s and untaped drops, my silver Malvern Star with risers… I could go on.

What do you ride? I’ve probably seen it.

I’ve pretty much seen all of those, is the Kona MTB the one with the double top tube thing? I see the couries pretty much every day, especially the newish Hillbrick, and always see the fluro green one with brooks saddle locked up. Also seen a light blue one near the markets a few times.

what have you got to hide?

He’s just Jack’s brother.

I ride in melb. im from adelaide though so im back there during holidays and a few wkends here and there. that photo outside moodswinger? or first in flight. seen an all white number outside rocket bar a couple times, when olis djing

Yeah thats FIF

Everything.

That might be this guy Christian, but if it is, he’s traded it up for a metallic aqua Makino.

So who organizes the (if any) events in radelaide and how many numbers do you get? my mate mentioned something about a carpark dash near ebenzer or something the other week

Push The Envelope / Adelaide Bicycles Messengers Association (ABMA) organise most Alley Cats etc.

The car park race was organised by them and the shop Area101 (the second pic of me was taken there).

There’s an email list you can join up to be notified of events, but I forgot what it is…!