work experience time.

I bet that was more exciting than what I did at the West Gippsland Hospital 10 years ago. I was an “IT Worker”, meaning I cleaned computers and looked at hard drives for a week.

Though my other week at the Flaming Bull was much better. Moccos, you would understand…

You get paid for work experience now? Kids today don’t know how good they’ve got it!

My grade 10 work experience was me and another guy hanging out with the park ranger down on Bruny Island for a week, which was awesome. We went all over the island checking stuff out, went out on the boat and had a look at some other small islands, saw a massive pod of dolphins and generally just kicked around. We had to bolt together a heap of national park signs and install a few, but that was about as tedious as it got. Good times.

I’d say his PHOTO journalism career is going just fine Brendan…

i did my work experience at RRR
didn’t get paid but i got air time and got to interview some rad bands, i never wanted to go back to school

I did mine in a bike shop… and then besides a couple of side gigs I never really left…

I got to work on Rolls Royce and Bentleys all week, and was lucky enough to get quite a bit more than $5 a day! On the last day I was left on my own and my task was to pull apart a car as much as I could, as the chassis was being sent off to get sandblasted. Good times.

I get the feeling these days that I’d be a really shit boss to work for… I feel sorry for any kid that has me as their supervisor.

I have had photos and articles printed in bmx magazines which I’m reasonably proud of, but I work in project management so obviously I’m not making a living off it!

hahah, awesome! Killing it.

I did my work experience at a school, I wanted to be a teacher. That didn’t really go anywhere.

fuck moccos, that’s rad! you are about to be mentioned in every careers class ever as a “work experience success story”.

Not a problem Brendan, but I’m far from a success story, I just happen to know the right people.

(bit more self props)
I also took this photo that was used for a WeThePeople ad in a few magazines, even got a mention on the WeThePeople website which you will find if you google my name.

man i cant belive it, i read this thread last night, got to work this morning and my manager gave me a work experiance kid to follow me around the bar for 8 hours every thursday for the next 4 weeks hahaha,

apparently he’s getting $7.50 an hour, but the thing is, i supervise and run a “bar/restaurant” not the other way around, and hes only 17 so he’s not aloud to touch any alcohol or take any orders for alcohol, so basically he clean tables all day, feel sorry for the kid, but he rides bmx so we just talked about bikes all day, and he now saves me about 20 trips up and down the stairs to the managers office a day running errands for me… SWEET!

why would anyone do work experience at a bar? he can’t take any drink orders…
you could put him on food orders, but be buggered if i’d let a 17 year old do that.
i spose you could teach him cover numbers…

My work experience at high school was cleaning those massive shipping containers out somewhere over the Westgate Bridge. For those who have an office placement, be thankful. Your head to toe in rubber clothing, spraying the dirt/dried seaweed off this massive containers which you could probably be locked up and die in. This job started at 6am and ran till 5pm everyday.

Needless to say I got ‘sick’ after a couple of days. haha.

Lucky! I did it at JB HI FI (mainly because I wanted to weasle my way into a job there), I spent the first 2 days vacuuming. Even when I came back in from vacuuming, I’d get given a dust pan immediately after. They really worked me on the cleaning. The last few days I spent in the back room packing albums, organising stock and having to listen to the manager play Norma Jean much too loudly.
Needless to say, I got a holiday job and not another shift after that.

Some places do pay you more than 5 bucks though, although most prefer not to.