1989 Cannondale 3.0 - project commuter

Wasnt really looking to build another bike, even though i had the dale hanging in the workshop, but the missus offered to let me commute in.

Wasnt going to say no for another bike build op =D

Frame and fork is a 1989 Cannondale 3.0, new campy veloce and scirocco 35mm wheels. Deda EL cockpit and post, OG rolls saddle.

Paint is rattle can for now, figured i can splash out on a proper job down the track if i really wanted to.

^ So what saddle are you running, Jase?

Looks stealth.

soooo nice

I expected some hideous beardo wet dream when I saw the thread title. I was wrong. It’s awesome.

Also, where you live reminds me of Breaking Bad for some reason.

Gloss black on matte black is the new black. Do like.

Fucking sick!

Also how are those wheels? The Fulcrum Quattro/Campagnolo Scirocco has a pretty sweett price/performance ratio.

looks sweet! campy veloce really looks good on that.

I have the same wheels on my ciöcc. Bloody awesome bang for buck! If not a touch heavy (17xx grams for the set)

And bike looks rad rad rad Jase!!

Noice!

Tuff.

The spoke lacing works well on this to. Usually I hate those Campy wheels.

Looks good

Carefull with those dropouts :wink:

cheers boys,

H, havnt ridden them properly yet. Have read decent reviews, and it was seeing HLCs first hand on his Ciocc that convinced me to give em go.

Forgot to add, weight as you see it is 8.96 kgs, with pedals if anyone is interested.

Some minor tweaks today, dropped the post a tad, took out some stem spacers. Feels good.

Kinda weird jumping from the BMC to the cannondale back and forth. BMC feels so small underneath me in comparison.

Proper shake down this weekend, with first commute next tuesday.

+1 or the whole suburb was built last week.
bike is nice, but for me need some tuffer wheels.my two cents

Nice build on a classic(timeless)frame.

CroMo Fork?

got a alu kinesis from gypo

How’d your commute go today Jase? Still thinking about selling me the Veloce groupset? Haha

LOOKS MINT! Doing Cannondale aficianados proud son!!

Is it true you offered this to Marty for $1000?

:rolleyes:

Same price as the Frezoni…