201̶9̶20^H^H21 Pro Road Racing

i meant pelvis, not hip.

6 or half really… ouch.

But Froome drinks plenty of Malk!

1 Like

Wout VA, beats the best TT in the world yesterday, then rocks up to crack the sprint ahead of Bennett & alaphillipe, now he is the No1 helper for kruisweik in the mountains…versatile or what? PS what else could he do on a big pro team with actual support

Looking forward to WVA v VdP

I for one welcome our new cyclocross overlords.

this is elite content imo.

how come it takes UCI 8 years to know something I, and everyone else with more than three brain cells, knew in 2011? still, cant get too mad because that was some extreme sensations.

1 Like

he’s got as much support as he deserves (and this coming from a legit WVA fanboi). He’s getting a good intro and also earning his WT stripes by supporting some very good GC contenders. He has a solid run in the classics (which is what he was hired for) and now he’s being settled in for a support role at the big tours. Between Roglic/Kruiswijk in the hills/GC and Groaningwagon in sprints he will be doing a Durbo and towing the bunch a lot. But that’s a pretty good start for someone in their first year and on a pretty good team. His team mate Mike Teunissen is a U23 CX WC (and definite talent) and he hasnt had half the opportunities that Wout’s had. Even Lars Boom had a really slow start.

I suspect he wasn’t originally supposed to race the tour but someone didnt get fit/isnt riding well. He is going to race the tour then ride london and he’s back to CX prep. I’m pretty sure his WT contract has him doing a decent stint at CX at least for one more year (but on what bike :wink: )

Matthieu is doing what he always does… have fun. He’s qualified for the olympics and the flight to the UK is shorter than the flight to the US (where each respective WC is).

1 Like

So what are the odds that Richie will make it to stage 10 this year? Anyone taking bets? I have NFI who has the form.

he made it but lost a big chunk of change on today’s stage…he looked like the last one not to make the split (how does he not have the power to get across)

wout VA spanked the best sprinters (apart from dylan Groen…), anything he can’t do? couple of days ago he tied the sprinters for just over 2km’s avg just over 60km/hr, next guy after him spent 350 yds on the front

porte has no form so makes sense he was gonna get found out in the echelons.

withdrawal of rohan dennis, just a mental snap?

hopefully he’s ok.

i did get a chuckle out of his team t-shirt as he left with his manager, which had a big “It’s not about me, it’s about us”… haha

Rohan Dennis can get fucked, rude to Mitch dog that one time. I wish him ill. Better luck next Merida.

Bizarre, given that tonight is the ITT. Why would any team sign him up again?

Can Alaphilippe go all the way, or is he just the Tommy Voeckler of 2019? I can’t recall Voeckler smashing the field in the ITT.

1 Like

he won’t be able to hold up when the serious mountain attacks start, the team also has no climbers to support him…more likeable than voekler

Looks like “mental health issues” is the correct answer to the Rohan Dennis question.

Let’s all just hold our fire. Although I doubt if the Euro pro bike scene is as advanced in understanding those kind if health issues as say, for example the AFL, I’m guessing that that explanation will not get much sympathy.

…more likeable than voekler

yeah but his tongue lolling game is nowhere near Tommy