2015 FOA Pre-Roobaix Mixer

Blakey the Enabler has already hooked me up with a crutch compatible bidon cage, this is obviously the next logical progression.

The cage I gave you is beer compatible.

That mounting system is clearly inadequate I’d go p clamps

just tig on some eyelets.

Hose clamps.

Cable ties.

bungees

Camelbak

beer helmet

Zing!

what do you think I gave sime with his velocage?

but this is clearly his best option

well, pannier mounts and a roll-top goon bag is an option that hasn’t been visited yet.

m8. do you have low trail crutches? Do they plane?

don’t just go assuming that you can mount whatever you like on those one size fits all aluminium jobbies and still cut sick on the d floor.

I’m keen for some pre-roobaix mixing…

So, I’m having a look at the old maps. It looks as if the cruisiest route from the airport to the city is down Melrose Drive, Boeing Road, a whole heap of the bikeway next to Moonie Ponds Creek, and then a little bit of Flemington Road to get to the city…

Does that sound half decent way to go?

Having never ridden in Melbourne before (and only spending a few days there previously), how much caution needs to be taken when riding about the city, tram lines, mcg on footy day, +/- other things

What’s the latest on that melbourne tac bandit bloke?

^yep, thats an easy enough, not get lost route.
Or keep on the bike path and it takes you to Docklands. Means no roads all the way to the city once you hit the path.

Just good lights and watch tram tracks, remember it’s dark till about 7:30am and dark at 5:30
Weather can be anything from -1 and wet to 17deg so be warned last year was brutal.
If riding any of the main roads in shopping areas watch doors they are terrible on the likes of chapel, smith, Brunswick Sydney road and the like.

stay away from pope joan on nicholson street, brunswick east.

it’s pretty close to the velodrome, but you don’t wanna stop in for anything on your way there.

tell all your friends to stay away too.

please.

PLEASE!!!

Thanks a bunch guys, I’ll be keeping an eye out for the doors.

Reverse psychology much?
I definitely won’t be going to see old mate Pope Joan.
Looks as if they do fruit toast tho. Breakky menu looks ace

im getting pretty excited for Roobaix. Haven’t been to Melbourne (other than work) in easily over a decade.