2018 Pro Road Racing

Agreed, anyone who claims the course restricts the type of rider who can win is an idiot. Here’s some folks who have podiumed in the last few years:

Edmonson - trackie
Gerrans - classics
Caleb- sprinter
Cadel - climber
Richie - climber
Heino - sprinter/classics
Matthews - sprinter/classics
von Hoff - sprinter
Lloyd - climber
Durbo - TT machine
van der Ploeg - sprinter
Cam Meyer - trackie
Scotson - TTer

The course is pretty much perfect. I backed Caleb yesterday because there were two less ascents of the mount than previous years, so he should have been able to hang around. Edmonson seemed to sit up with about a km out, and I thought then Caleb had it in the bag, but kudos to the winner, and happy to see Harper hang on for the podium.

Looking forward to see how TDU unfolds. Hoping George Bennett lights it up! :cool:

So Richie’s still got a bit of a kick when when the going gets steep.

Not sure about Ewan, he’s fast enough and there’s no shame in being beaten by Viviani, Greipl or Sagan but I wonder about his tactical nous.

I think he was trying to hand the stage to his leadout and got cocky, didn’t see Viviani coming in until it was too late.

Never assume you have won until you are over the line.

great to hear women at TDU getting paid the same as the men.

Retrospectively too

For sure an impressive display from Porte on Willlunga, but surely his problem isn’t going up anymore and rather going down. Hopefully he turned full endurorbo in the off season in Tas and sorted that out.

I reckon Ewan knows he cooked that, and was pretty humble in his post race interview . His leadout in the last stage today turned into a total mess and I reckon he did pretty well to go from that far out and not lose to greipl by that much.

This is also really good

It’s obviously gone now, but if you follow Caleb on Instagram and caught his “Stories” he absolutely knows it. The team know it and, though they all seemed really good about it, were certainly ribbing him over it. Mathew Hayman especially “Let’s talk more about your sprint mate, we haven’t dissected that nearly enough yet. I think the boys did a great job, put you in a really good position…then something about your neck was sore… looks ok to me now…”
Impey also gave him a little ribbing “The team was fantastic this week, Caleb you were average”.

Side note - Caleb’s surely got a career in broadcast after his time as a pro? His stories are great (apart from the dorky filters) and he seems very natural and relaxed (as much as he can be) in front and behind the lens.

Caleb is a very different sprinter than Sagan and The Gorilla,
Caleb is insanely fast over a short distance and up hill,
Sagan can sprint the same after 60km and 260
The Gorilla can launch a huge attack on downhill, tailwinds and of a good leadout.

i hope caleb’s nose hits his tyre one day and he has to quit cycling for cosmetic reasons.

about as likely as you having long hair…again.

sensations are flowing out back tate dogggg!!!

Your hair is a direct link to stem length, both are lacking old man.

Haussler breaks collarbone in training crash - 2018 might not be his year either

So he’s a shoe-in for Roubaix then.

ftfy

This is too much tragedy for one man to take.

"I feel and believe that this is just a small setback compared with what I’ve been through last year. I’m not really worried, was a bit unfortunate, but the determination is higher than ever, and I’ll be back soon.”

SENSATIONS.