5bling track gloves

http://www.5bling.com/?page_id=5

hey guys saw these track gloves they look sweet melbourne based company by josiah ng, Malaysian track rider. what do you guys think ?

Whats with the carbon fibre knuckles?
WovenCF fabric is pointless unless it’s laminated as a composite.
fashion over form.

pretty good for punching people in the face…

pretty handy when you bin it on a keirin track, which are like sandpaper…

or de-mirroring cars…if they ain’t using it they won’t be needing it!

not sure if it’s laminated, but it’s definitely a composite, Carbon Fibre cloth + epoxy or some other polymer = composite material

Yes but it’s flexy, not stiff.you could sandwich any old fabric in there behind that thick plastic with the same effect.I guess it’s another one of those wanky bling/hipster fashion things.

there kieren gloves, for kieren ? haha

+1

I have a pair, they’re very nice to wear, better feel than the Tuff and Jack-O gloves as they have a much softer palm. I’ve used all three now and the 5bling’s are, IMO, a better sprinters glove.

Ob disclaimer: Josiah’s a friend, but I did pay full price for mine.

Uh, they’re keirin racing gloves, for keirin racing, in Japan, as worn by keirin riders for x years. nothing hipster or wanky, they’re for track riding.
who said they were flexy?

Uh, they’re keirin racing gloves, for keirin racing, in Japan, as worn by keirin riders for x years. nothing hipster or wanky, they’re for track riding.
who said they were flexy?
[/quote]

Yeah I know, what they are for, and I really dig the plain leather ones.the quality looks good.
I guess i’mm just a cynical old bastard who thinks that crabon is an over used wanky thing in cycling accessories.
if they are hard (inflexible)knuckle covers like armour stuff then yeah it’d be way tough.i mistakenly thought it was a flexible type vinyl soft moulded with crabon beneath for effect.

i’ll crawl off to the naughty corner and slap meself now :stuck_out_tongue:

and full price is good i thought, 88 dollars for top of the line.

pros and cons? i was thinking maybe if there was a short finger kiren? like for the road so you don’t become a fuck knuckle?

I really hate wearing gloves. Not just a minor annoyance, I super fricking hate it. I would wear some crabon knuckle-duster type setup though. Can this guy make some of them? Crab-knucks.

you def don’t need crabon-knuckled gloves for general riding. just get some leather or crochet/leather ones.
these 5bling things are ugly, so unless you plan on riding into the ground regularly, i’d leave the crabon for the pros.

hmm, i need new gloves.

my cats pissed on mine and now my hands smell real, real bad after using them.

fingerless option??

was thinking i could have some fun whilst doing it, but wouldn’t leave much of the glove.

i just bought some and did a mini review here
if anyone is still interested in them