A day out at Buller

So I’ve been scoping out Mt Buller - Bike Buller and getting pumped about hitting the trails there. It would be sweet to organise a group of those interested to do a bit of a road trip to Buller for a day/weekend in the next month or so, All Terrain Cycles (Buller shop) should be doing hire bikes on the weekends starting 28th of October.

Just gauging interest at this stage, I’ll most likely be booting down that way sometime this summer to check it out regardless :wink:

hey we are heading up for the weekend. will be camping at the base of the mountain and riding all day! trails are ace and well worth the drive.

Hotham and buller are both on my list of climbs for the summer, but I think I’d prefer a few more km’s of climbing before I tackled them.

Matt B, do you guys normally camp at a camping site? Sounds like that’s the way to do as the accommodation seems a bit steep.

greenmachine, I know what you mean, my climbing ability is still a bit shaky which is why I was looking at doing some more down hill orientated riding. But by all means I’m keen to hit the network of single track at those two locations as well.

Hey Leitchy. I’m keen for sure. Might be a bit of a baptism of fire for me as I’m still a bit new to all this. But yeah count me in as interested.

You can get cheap accom at SkiLib for next to nothing at Buller.

Best way to get baptised WhingingPom imo, and yer I just checked out that accomodation, pretty cheeeep. But my only question is how they handle bike storage.

Hey Leitchy, I did a clinic at Mt Buller about 2 years ago and stayed at SkiLib. A lot of riders stayed at the lodges and stored their bikes in a room set aside for taking off snow gear. Obviously in summer that room is empty so it’s perfect for leaving bikes in.

Hey I’ll be keen for missions to Buller, Beechworth or Forrest in a few months time (especially early January when I have heaps of time off).

rad as, I’d really like to do a weekend, possibly the best thing to do at buller. Beechworth is a bit meh at the moment.

From memory SkiLib were getting some form of shipping container to store bikes this year BYO lock etc. Otherwise you can store them in your room if you carry them down no real probs. The other option is to lock’em up in the drying room?

Awesome, well I’m thinking for either a weekend in january (6th to the 8th, 13th to the 15th, 20th to the 22nd or 27th to the 29th) or maybe a Sunday to Tuesday sort of thing in January. It seems Ski lib is the way to go, weekend rates are literally double for weekends than weekdays so maybe I’ll take some time off work.

going to head up for the weekend of 6th to the 8th of jan. staying at ski lib, stoked for buller trails!