Advice on frames

Buy this Zona Nature Boy and get practicality + sweet riding: ALL CITY Nature Boy Zona Singlespeed CX Frameset NEW! Black/Gold 55cm | eBay

(And at 6’2" the 55cm Nature Boy would fit as it’s basically a 57cm).

yeah, all great ideas. I don’t mind the look of the Surly. looks sturdy and reliable.

I should probably qualify rough roads, I may have overstated. I mainly mean the dodgy road patches around Fitzroy on Brunswick road near Edinburgh Gardens, so not really that rough, just the one off pavement overlaps. So would the colossi, langster or Look 464 be able to stand up to that?
Nothing like “scottridesabike” 's “shortcut”…

From what you guys are pointing out, I may be young enough to still be able to deal with a tighter geo. This might be a bit of a noob question, but what sort of longevity would you be looking to get out of a colossi, look 464 or a langster?

BMC, but the alu because of the rough roads you’ll be riding

Skip the 464 and just go straight for the Look L96. Perfect tight geo and practically built for cruising over potholes.

hahahahahaha this is true!

In all seriousness, get a Nature Boy! I want one, and will probably buy one. Or if you have deep pockets and don’t want bidon mounts, then a Mash SSCX.

There might still be a voodoo wazoo on eBay. I rate them over on ones.

Wazoo CrMo Steel Bike Frame | Cyclocross | Touring Frames - Velogear

Wazoo 58cm - now 25% off on velogear. Get on ittt.

What are the rack/fender mounting options like on the Wazoo?

Dallimor: Let me google that for you

thanks so much for all the suggestions and help. Im seriously leaning towards the colossi, just looks like a hella fun bike :slight_smile:

I’ve ridden a steel lo pro on single track and over all sorts of bad surfaces. It was fine. Not ideal, but fine.

It might not be comfiest option, but if its the one you want you’re gonna have fun on it no matter what.

Steel?

Yeah very true devhay

What he said. And soon enough you’ll realise that gears and brakes are way better for the looong stuff and going really fast so you’ll get a roadie whilst the fixie seem to get more and more bomber to the point people think you came from an olympic track meet and you don’t want to just thrash it too the shops and you suddenly don’t even own normal flat pedals anymore so you get a pub/ shop/ wheelie bike at which stage you pick up and knock up a rad chick because of your out of control fully hectic SIC bike collection and then comes the mixtie for her and her belly and the cargo rig for yourself too carry mad dudes and then they get occasionally annoying after many years so you grab a touring rig to get away from it all. Good luck :slight_smile:

AT NO POINT DOSE IT BECOME NECESSARY TO OWN A RECUMBENT.

It’s like reading in to my future.

Yes. Steel.

Wow, it’s got lugs too…I’ve heard about them…apparently they used them before tig welding came about. Who woulda thought Lo Pro geo was around before ally and carbon ay.

Too good! fantastic
JLN that is mad

You have cool bikes.