AussieMite - Black pack = Prestige

Yuss!

I grew up down the road from the Marmite factory in CHCH, could smell the Weetbix and Marmite being made.

Cool story huh.

I ride past CUB most mornings and you can smell the Vic Bitter being made.

me too lately, makes me want a beer before 9am.

^ That’s just the urine from the drunks the night before.

I used to work down the road from the West End brewery… Some afternoons it smelt like those Vegemite-in-a-biskit.

Vegemite or GTFO. Death to false yeast extracts!

I had a housemate who would swear by a mix of the two - we always had both in our flat.

I drove through Bega last year, it smelled like cheese.

Didn’t rate it. Kinda bland, had to really heap it on to get some taste out of it. Probably good for yeast extract noobs. 5/10.

Well there ya go :slight_smile:

I am on the dregs of the first jar. I dont heap it at all, and I really like to heap promite. I will probably buy again, and will try it on my in-laws, definitely yeast-extract noobs and vegemite haters.

I’m hanging out for the slow boat full of marmite to arrive from NZ.

In the meantime, Promite is too sweet, Ozemite & Mightymite are too dilute and not thick enough.

haha I’m with you Sime

NZ marmite has the worst consistency of all, man! like crappy margarine (all of it) out of a too-cold fridge. the way it ripples up the knife in tiny (micro?) waves… sick. But it has the Fe.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A YEAST EXTRACT TASTE OFF!

Also, “Our Mate” aka UK Marmite, also not much chop.

Fuck you guys, I’m gonna make my own…

How To Make Vegemite - General Recipe Discussion - Aussie Home Brewer

What happened there? <shrugs>

New Zealand Marmite shortage caused by earthquake, supplies could run out in weeks | Mail Online

There’s an upside when the in laws come to visit from NZ.

I took my kids to the cheese museum there. Every holiday has a price.

In Vegemite we trust.