So riding home last night with Lauren and her light wasn’t working. Couldn’t figure out why on the roadside, but found this when we got home:
Couldn’t get to it to rejoin it where it was, so had a go at dismantling the light. Was a bit scary, but it was broken either way, so I pushed and pulled and got it apart enough to pull the cable through the top, solder repair the joint, and put it all back together.
Works fine now. The screw under the light holds a cap on the top, under which is a little rubbery bit that’s easily removed. The lens is tricky to get out, but will come with a bit of delicate but firm pushing and leverage. The circuit board is held on by two screws, only accessed when the lens is off. (I took the switch off too - it just pops off with a bit of persuasion - but this ended up not being necessary).
(Cool story Pete)