bib knicks

i don’t understand this. did sugoi stop making the variety you like?

^He probably has a mild case of FOMO.

Just had to google that.

No fomo. It’s a big wide world out there, doesn’t hurt to try new things.

with knicks it sometimes does. in really awkward places.

but i like your attitude regardless.

I don’t blame you shakes. I have some Sugoi and they feel like what I imagine a grown man nappy feels like. You could probably sit comfortably on a bed of nails. They are my rollers bibs because you’re seated 90% of the time on rollers.

Have you made a purchase yet?

I see that Wiggle have a sale on clothing - ‘MEGA15’ saves you $28 when you spend $190, and ‘MEGA40’ saves you $74 when you spend $380.

Hey Shakes, recently I bought a Capo kit and really liked the bibs (it’s actually the St Cloud kit, made by Capo).

Different chamois from what I’ve used so far (Giordana, Jaggad, dhb, vie 13) in that it’s thinner and firmer than all of those. I was a bit concerned at first but I had a couple long rides with them and no discomfort at all. I actually think the thinner chamois is better at keeping your rear end cool/less sweaty.

The front is cut fairly high which I like and the braces are really good (i.e. sturdy). Good kit on hot days.

Nope. waiting till after xmas and pending what my physio says

Last couple weeks hip flexors have been tight so I’ve cut all activity out but yoga. yesterday one felt a twang and I almost collapsed in a heap but then it came good. Today both hamstrings are stupid tight. Seeing osteo tomorrow.

Hey Simon,

Had some Sugoi bibs a few years back and the chamois was the worst I’ve ever used. Went stiff like an old flannel… I think one made from shark skin would have been comparative in terms of comfort. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really dig my Louis Garneau Neo-Power bibs (so much so that I’m buying another set). I know they’re on the Hubbard scale in terms of general appearance (think subtly Hubbard) but they are really good all the same. They’re a compression type so might be a bit hot on those 35 degree days. Sizing is reasonable (I wear a small). Price is about smack bang in the $150 ballpark.

Been wearing a few different brands, DHB, Rapha Champsys, Castelli, Hincapie.
Couple of other brands on top of that with jerseys.

Keep coming back to Rapha but there are a few caverts. The classic/club stuff is just too warm for summer riding here.
And the classic bibs I find a bit on the long side.
The new light weight kit is good but doesn’t have 3 pockets on the jersey, there is a central zipped vent on the back.
Bibs are just good & breathe well.

Castelli sizing is just all wrong, not as bad as Santini but 1-2 sizes smaller than everyone else.
I have a Cibos Santini jersey and had to get an XXL as the sleeves were really tight. Because of this I’ve never bothered chasing up Santini bibs to match.

Hincapie is good, LBS here (Bike Society) have there kit does by them. Jersey sleeves are long and the bibs are short.
Not sure if this is how the LBS ordered them. Grippers are wide & comfy - do rate.
Chamios on the Hincapie also good & still comfy after 4-5 hours.

I’ve got a few different kits from Champsys, all club cut. Chamios is good but not quite as good as Rapha & Hincapie.
Still fine for 4-6 hour rides. The last PACC bibs I got were shorter than Rapha but longer than Hincapie.
These seem to vary from season to season.