Bicycle Polo

i purchased another bike from a scrapyard, which is going to be an awesome cruiser once i chip the rust off to reveal the inner beauty, and the guy pretty much forced me to take a childs mid size bike as well. similar to the other pink and fluoro yellow ones you’ve procured, it’s in as new condition, not sure if the tyres leak, but they’re flat at the moment. does someone want it? i don’t really have anywhere to put it. ps: it’s a girly one.it might be good for pedals chains or seats otherwise.

I’ll take it, is more girly or boy like in looks?

I’m pretty sure that they have no wheels rules for these hockey pitches…

see for yourself

it’s got an incredibly long wheelbase, and the wheels, i think they’re standard bmx size… 20 inch? they’re bigger then the pink and yellow bikes had i believe. oh, and the mudguard has speed louvres in it

I’ll take it LAM, I have a 7 yo daughter who would love that. PM me for arrangements/any payments etc etc.

Sure Craig. If you want it, just say so. There’s really no need to make up some bullshit story.

touche!

roller blade hockey arenas are perfect. they have the walls on the side so the balls don’t go out, and the surface is usually pretty smooth.

no idea where any are in melbourne.

malets made from golf clubs and PVC pip work well. as do those from cut hockey sticks and pipe.

crazy game, but great for your on bike skilz

Here’s a thread from Dennis at Fixed Gear Gallery re: Bike Polo.

Some good advice there …

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13738

Des

Hi, I’m keen to get involved in bike polo in Brisbane. Can someone hook me up with others currently playing please? :evil: Either post here or send to my email (or both) Thanx

where people used to play roller hockey at the Pits?
and also near Albert Park Lake, the powerhouse tennis courts/hockey field.

Search the forum - plenty here.

FYI for anyone searching through this thread for polo info in Melbourne. www.bikepolo.com.au We currently play twice a week on Sunday arvo and tuesday night.

that is all

i wanna start playing but was wondering if it’s better to use a mountain bike frame than an old roadie?

PO

Awesome links. cheers.
I’d be very keen to get some wheels togethr for this.
as per “bikefix”, any suggestions?

MTB or Road frame, it’s really up to you. Turn up to polo try out peoples bikes to get a feel for what works. If you’re in Melbourne, come along and try mine. As for wheels, Velocity have released a polo rim/wheelset (track spaced). It really depends on what you want spend though, there’s also a couple of wheel builders at polo in Melbourne who can help you out.

Have a look at the flickr photo group at bikepolo.com.au to see what people are running, or bikepolo.ca for the answer to everything you could possibly want to know about polo.

sweet, cheers for the advice!

what would a velocity polo rimmed wheelset set me back?? do you run same sizing as tack or smaller??

The velocity Chuckers are about the same price as a set of Velocity Deep Vs.
Come and try bike polo before buying a wheelset, you may decide you wanna play with a 26inch bike instead of 700c. Its all about what your comfortable with.