Bike Bandit bikes

piss off haha.

i looking for a second hand frame due to the low budget!
im have about $500 to build the bike. is that possible?

It is possible. But it depends on whether you have $500 with patience, or $500 with a desire to get riding soon.

$500 with patience will get you a nice enough ride off ebay – you’ll find a nice complete bike eventually, but it might take quite a few months. If you want to build it yourself you’ll need a bit of patience trying to find all the right parts – it might mean you end up buying a complete bike, taking off the parts you need, selling the rest, buying more – it takes time (and also tools) but you will get a nice bike in the end.

This summer I built a $500 project for a friend ($480 in the end to be exact). It came out as a nice old lugged Reynolds 531 track frame with Sugino cranks, Weinmann deep-v wheelset with formula hubs, and other good quality parts (some new, some used). BUT it took about 3 months total of looking, failed bidding, buying, selling etc. I’d also say that while the total cost was $480, at times about $700 or more was invested, but knowing that certain parts were bought to be sold on … (ie buying a complete bike for specific parts, selling the rest again). AND I already had the tools to do it all (which can cost a bit more). I also spent a bit of time with a spreadsheet making sure my estimates all added up.

$500 with a desire to get riding soon means buying a Cell Mallet – in my opinion it is the best new bike you can get for that price.

Thanks diddy, its really help full.
But, what do u think of the 2010 Fuji classic track?
It’s on for about $550 on bikeexchange.com.au
It looks nicer than the Cell Mallet IMO but I dont know about the parts quality

Cheers,

Ah yeah, the Fuji looks pretty good. Seems to have a nicer wheelset (formula hubs), which is good as that is probably one of the first things you would change on a mallet. Do a google search on it and see what people are saying about it. But yes, I suppose the Fuji would be a good buy over the Mallet.

Thanks for your help, diddy!

have anyone had a complete bike shipped from other states or country before?
cuz’ im about to order a bike from NSW
just wondering how the pick-up is usually done, usually there’s no one at home
so will the date that the bike will be delivered specified?

You will probasbly get a note to your postal address and then have to go to the nearest post office to pick it up.

talk to the people shipping, find out what method they use. if it’s cell bikes it’ll be a courier and you’ll probably have to arrange a time for someone to be there, or collect from the depot. but talk to the people, find out what method of shipping and ask them all the questions.

thanks for the help, j-ho and heavymetal!

8th inch scrambler very cheap:P
you could also check ebay for complete bikes and maybe upgrade items of your liking.

(mines on ebay rite now)

can i have a link of the complete bike u r selling on ebay, LukeR?

FIXIE RETRO BIKE WITH CARBON FORK + CAMPAGNOLO CRANK - eBay Other Bikes, Bikes, Cycling, Sport. (end time 28-Apr-10 20:34:49 AEST)

bike bandits logo looks an awful lot like the brick lane bikes logo

i like the Hennepin Bridge icon in the drop outs on the all-city bikes, looks fancy, and i prefer the look of straight forks so it has atleast 2 ticks in asthetics on my part, never seen one on the roa dthough

had a look at the site and the price is tempting… then again i have no idea about fixed gear bikes

Cant Really add much to this but did like the look of the bandit.

Then how about both of you stop posting rubbish just for the sake of posting!?

Postcount = nothing. Keep it up and you’ll earn yourselves a temporary ban.