Bike thief in Erskineville area

My Cannondale bad-boy is locked up outside my place, but behind a fence, most nights and days for that matter, I haven’t been commuting with it much due to injury. But sometime in the last 48hrs someone has had a go at my abus lock with a set of bolt cutters and got a fair way through. Bike and lock are still thankfully there.

Both my neighbours beaters are still there, one with a $5 lock, so they know what they are after (not that I’m saying the badboy is worth heaps)

So if you live in the area might be worth investing in a better lock or moving your bike out back.

Don’t know if this should go here or in the stolen bike section, mods feel free to move it.

Lucky it’s still there! I used to live over in Erskineville and we were pretty laissez-faire about leaving our house unlocked/items outside, sasd to see things have changed.

Good you had an Abus !!

When I lived in Erko we grew weed on the front porch of our terrace and nobody batted an eyelid. Shit’s changed.

Don’t leave bikes outside, yo.

I see so many bikes out the front of houses in Erskineville locked to security grills. I always wondered if any one ever tried to steal them. Thanks for sharing. I live nearby but I’m lucky to have a garage (with 2 locks on the only entrance).

That’s exactly right, I shoulda listened to Lemontime.

Left this one where it was, but with two locks on it. Fuckers came back, or I’m assuming it’s the same people, got home from night shift to find no bike and 2 locks cut and hanging from the bars. If anybody sees a badboy with metallic orange crank brothers pedals let me know.