Bleeding Edge

As a lover of spending hours flicking though cycling websites to find the latest and greatest products I thought I would start a thread for all like minded tragics to share their finds.

To kick the thread off, here is the the K-Edge Garmin mount.

K-Edge Announce New Mount For Garmin Edge Computers - BikeRadar

i don’t really see what it does that a normal garmin mount doesn’t do

I think the idea of those things is to get it off your stem… and possibly a bit further out, for better viewing.

Yeah - saves you having to look all the way down with your eyes. Think of all that energy that can be transferred to the pedals and not wasted.

Anyway, this thread is for stuff you don’t really need.

I don’t want that I want these myself, but thought they’d fit well in this thread:

Want this, plus is it makes it easier to mount your light battery under your stem, plus the aero advantage dah.

Here’s an even more schmancy one

And a simpler one (the first one?)

Awesome new C’dale hollowgram cranks & 1 piece double rings.

New MKS Lyotard style platform pedals:

Also, this!

Pfft the k edge on is heavy and will cost you an arm and a leg…
The other one, bar fly… Mounts the garmin in the same position above the stem just out the front more…

This is the racewaredirect version I have ( sorry it contains pictures of my bike, a sore topic round here ) defantly the aero solution and it makes it super easy to read and navigate ( useful in citys you don’t live in ) while your in head down tail up mode.

Yeah it’s not a bike part, let’s think of it as weight weenie long distance paraphernalia…

And this… Seriously, who spends 340 POUNDS on a saddle. If I win lotto I will buy a box of these and give them to who ever will ride with we with tallies in there amongst loaded weekend warriors.

not a bike part but so beutifully designed and built

Welding table

Okay, now this I do want. And most definately do not need.

Wayyy over my head there buddy…

^a table that you weld on

you mean like 80% of my bikes?!

Haha yeah I want one of these too and I use filter coffee!

These would come in handy to tamp down the lid of an International Roast can to ensure it stays fresh.

Someone needs to do this, with pics.

Ha ha ha ha… That’s a good chuckle there.

Magura RT8 hydraulic brakes

Yeah saw that ^

Thought this was a funny description:

The requisite mechanical-to-hydraulic converters add some weight, bulk and complexity, but Millar’s bike is still just over 7kg, according to team mechanics (we weren’t permitted to weigh bikes ourselves)…From a mechanic’s perspective, the fully sealed system should require less maintenance, too.

More complex but but requires less maintenance? We’ll see…