(BNE) "Missing Lanes" - alleycat Friday 10/10/08

Slightly unpleasant, nobody likes a wet arse or the dye running out of their socks. I’m still keen though!

Looks like it might be clearing. Just had a look at the latest radar image and with the E in the winds it is looking promising. I’ve got dodgy ponchos left over from splendour that I’ll be whipping out if it keeps coming though. Can’t wait.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM KARLZI.

Due to the weather, tonight’s “Missing Lanes” alleycat has be postponed for a couple of weeks. Karl will repost with the new details later.

HOWEVER, Karl is still putting on an alleycat tonight, same meeting time and place - just a little more casual and $5 entry max.

See you all there tonight, will be good fun despite any rain, and good practice for the main event in a couple of weeks.

Good move to postpone and great idea to have the training run. Thanks Karl.

Yeah nice one. I’m still keen unless it starts throwing buckets :roll:, see yas there.

I got to sleep at 10am this morning and was back up at 2.

Needless to say that if I ride tonight, I’ll be a hazard.

Hahahaha - the way I ride, I am always a hazard.

All Systems are GO!!!

I’ve set up a new one for tonight, still fun and challenging…

I’m not sure of the name for it yet, Maybe the 4hour rush!

It looks like the rain has cleared up, kinda.

Come one, come all. :sunglasses:

Still want me to bring a helmet for you, James?

Nah don’t worry about it Erik, much appreciated, but I’ll be doing some errands and more work tonight.

Will see ya next Thursday with my helmet finally :stuck_out_tongue:

Great race last Friday. Thanks once again for organising it Karl. I just uploaded some photos that Kath took at the checkpoint to my flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antmandan/

Looking forward to the real deal in a couple of weeks!

Who ended up taking home all the goodies!

One of the couriers, Aden I think. Was a freek’n good night. Thanks again Karl. Can’t wait for the actual event.

I enjoyed the tricks in Cathedral Square afterwards, especially Karl - legend!

Yeah Karl you’ve got some nice skills! My favourite was when you landed on your arse but managed to catch the bike in the air, I think we got some good footage of that on Will’s camera.

… and he actually caught it with his feet!
I thought he was going to spread his arms and yell “Ole”

Cheers to all those that donned there ponchos and came along to “The 4 Hour Rush”.
I’ll get some spoke cards made up in the next couple of weeks

Just to confirm that “Missing Lanes” will be held on:
Friday, 31 October.
meet 6:30pm @ 410 Ann St.

I’m pretty sure that’s haloween, so there will definitely be a prize for the best costume :evil:

Hi karlzi,
I heard about this event from a mate. It sounds awesome. At the risk of sounding stupid-
Is it
Fixie or SS?
All ages?
What is the ‘aim’ of the event, from what I can see its not a race.

Hope to make it to the next one.

Declan.

… well it’s an alley cat race…

I don’t think there will be discrimination against any bikes.

Just checking… Is missing lanes happening for sure??