Braidwood shreds this weekend

Let’s go destroy some sweet sweet gravel roads this Sunday around braidwood.

Approx 80-90km ish, about half dirt roads with a lunch stop at the farm,

Who’s in?

Carpool it up

Me, pending family approval/bike repairs.

Your Look will be ready, one or two roads that may push its limits a bit far though!

So I should speed things up with rebuilding the cross-check then. I haven’t had luck with quickly finding a front derailleur clamp shim so far. Thinking of calling the LBSs in Canberra, might get lucky.

Or, I leave the chain in the middle ring without front derailleur and hope for not too punishing inclines.

Call them tomorrow, if they don’t have anything I’ll make one on the lathe

Seb, what are the chances you’ll be able to give me a lift?
I’ll find out tonight if I can take our car

Ok, just set a big loop, will be about 100km including lunch detour.

Maybe 60-75% dirt roads, most pretty good but a few rough patches. We have to ride on the Kings Highway which is crap but only for 2km

If you are stuck I am rebuilding my mtb so have Chain Keeper from Paul Component Engineering lying around for the next few weeks.

If I can take our car, will give you a lift no problem, and to 2 more guys, possibly 3, including bikes. But go ahead and ask first :wink:

That would be great, thanks so much. Will let you know.

Thanks T. If shim option fails, I might take you up. But I wonder if this would work with the chain on the second ring, might not be possible to mount it for second ring use as there may not be enough clearance against the big ring.

^ Hoping somebody like you has something for me in their shed! cf the wanted thread :slight_smile:

I do.

Hey Keith - I can’t make it on Sunday but will try to make it for the next ride. Cheers.

Sure thing Luke!

Let’s meet at Ryrie park, 8:45, roll out at 9