Brake cable under track grips?

Can you run a brake cable under a 4mm Champ grip? I’ve not used them before, but like the idea of their durability/reusability.

I don’t think so; you will have a hell of a time getting the grip on.

nothing a little bit of KY can’t fix… :evil:

a whole can of hairspray could do the trick.

and the first time it rains the tackyness that the hairspray brings to the table is gone, and the grip might come off easily (if it stretches) as there will be an easy entry under the grip thanks to the cable.

i’d be interested to see what the long term stretching (that the cable will do) does to the grip and its strength.

I dont understand why you would want to do this

It will most probably ruin it.

Champ grips = track drops = no brakes
everything else = brakes.

Are you putting a champ grip up near the stem with a drop bar lever? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good point. the grip would have to be inboard of the brake lever for this whole topic to even be necessary… and thats downright jackassery.

lock thread :stuck_out_tongue:

WINNER!!!

Most retarded thread everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bullhorns

Am considering it, on my one ‘do it all’ fixed/ss bike. I want the freedom to change bar/brake setups, without paying for bar tape every time.

So quick to judge. Tis a fine line between visionary and village idiot.

i look forward to seeing this thing.

why not just tape your bars? prolly easier.

trumped by that old chestnut: the “bullhorn gambit”

i just put bullhorns on my bike.
thought i’d put the brakes in near the stem, but realised since i’ll spend almost all the time with my hands out on the ends of the bars, it makes sense to put the brakes there too. i set them up like time trial levers, hanging under the ends. meant that the cables run under the tape, no big deal, worked out pretty well. have no idea how you could possibly do it with slide-on grips though.

Most bullhorns now are internally routed, same with the levers, so it’s no problem at all if you’re using new gear.