Brisbane Beerquest II (Saturday 27th August)

RIDE REPORT!

We got away at about 7:45am after a round of fresh coffee and some nervous stares at the inclement weather. We had 5 starters: yours truly, Ryan, Shirts, Scott and Geordie (fresh off night shift). We headed out on Logan Road and picked up Tom on the way. By this stage the rain seemed like it was going to stay with us for a while, but spirits were high. We made our way down the usual B roads south and turned off near Yatala to start heading towards Tamborine. No stops and we were in Tamborine at the servo grabbing some energy and having a quick piss stop. One person (who shall remain unnamed) got sprung by the servo attendant having a piss behind the servo. The same servo attendant who’s head had previously exploded upon hearing we had ridden from Brisbane.

Our lone fixed gear rider (Scott) flipped his wheel to give himself a slightly better climbing ratio and we tackled the mountain. The roadie 5 were at the top in short order and we gave Scott, who was not far behind the group at all, a cheer as he made his into the village (no stops, no walking, impressive!). We found a small cafe to escape the rain and grab some breakfast. Shirts smashed 3 long blacks, and we all almost froze as we were soaked through. The brewery was just up the road so after we smashed some food we made our way there.

The brewery had several patio heaters and we quickly confiscated one to use as a drying rack. The guys couldn’t believe we’d made it out there in such shitty weather and shouted us a tasting paddle. Beer was drunk, shit was talked and before long we knew we’d have to make our way off the mountain. The rain had increased in intensity and we took it easy coming down. I topped 65kph, and almost shit myself doing so. We waited at the bottom for Scott who was making his way down brakeless. Quite a time elapsed and we started to get worried so Ryan and I doubled back to find him. We went back a fair way and ended up stopping a car. They had seen him, which meant he was alive! He was a fair way back though and on foot. We decided to press on as Scott had told us he had a plan B.

We arrived in Coomera at 3pm, and I got in touch with Scott. He had overcooked a section of the descent and ended up doing a Voeckler and running into a driveway off the side of the road. He hit a fence and hurt his hand so had walked the remaining part of the descent. He was ok though so we jumped a train back home. The rain is still going as I write, but at least I’m dry and warm now. Regardless of the weather it was an awesome day, and the brewery has a very slick setup. Hope you’re ok Scott!

The brewery staff added us to their facebook page:

(L-R: Scottridesabike,tmasz,ryan,geordie,antmandan,n8)

Damn wish i coulda done this! Ended up in the shop all day because the old boy had a hang over :stuck_out_tongue:

good ride! the rain was torrential for me on my way home, hope everybody else was ok.

tamborine brewery ride by thomasblaszczyk at Garmin Connect - Details

I love how easy it is to see where we clearly fucked up in Coomera.

nice ride, nice ride report!
sorry i missed it, but i am still quite a bit weak from some stoopid virus. FRKN VRS.
plus i got a bit dusty last night and had my jacket stolen, like my FAVOURITE JACKET, and then almost got beat up by 4 kids who looked dead-ringers for vampire weekend trying to push in in the cab queue.
TRUE STORY.
and just so you know - i kinda shared your pain.
did this lonely ride at nundah and soaked up the pathetic weather at an equally pathetic speed.

true… blindingly obvious - certainly didn’t seem so obvious in the pouring rain at the time though

I was advised by an annonomous informant that your absence was on account of a vastly different reason… the alternative was much more amusing

Well done boys, great to see the Brewery Rides ™ are catching on. Hope to join you on one in the future.

Great story and effort guys, respect, especially for Scott on fixed!

so the first half of the descent was kind of rolling, which was manageable, wet weather made for some long and wiggly skids, but it ended up getting the better of me, spotted a driveway and dived for it, there was a pretty big rut from all the rain and i reckon if i hadn’t of straightlined it through there i might have made the turn, instead i barrelled into a timber fence about 1/2m to the right of the gate, forward somersault style, bit of a bump on the head, sore neck and shoulders, right elbow and hand copped it the worst, reckon i bounced about 3m back from said fence, busted pinky and two small puncture wounds on the back of my hand, which were still bleeding 8hrs later, got mum to come get me, reckon i had to walk a good 2km before getting phone reception, off to hospital for some xrays, they kept me overnight because they wanted to operate on the finger cos it was a tiny bit crooked, and to explore the puncture wounds, home last night, worst part was the not eating, got a sandwich at midnight sat, then nothing til after surgery, about 7.30pm sunday, so hungry.

just chillin now, not sure exactly how long i’ll be out of action for, could be up to 8 weeks

otherwise ripper day, pretty stoked to get the mountain in a reasonable time, great beer, nice to get to know the lads a little better, thanks for keeping the pace out there manageable for me, look forward to the next one!

geebus kriest!!!

Wow!

holy shit! sorry dude. hunger is the worst pain!

plus holes in you. yep.
but i hope you got heaps of scabs cause scabs are THE BEST!
:slight_smile:

Ahaha farking aye Scott! That hurt my hands just reading that post! Well glad to see you are fine now brah, that sounds like a journey and a half.

Well I hope you saluted a few of those brewskies to me.

ACL recontruction is booked for the 3rd of October and not only that ‘The Inala Twins’ have left me with a kind of itchy rash??

its the locals form of currency out there i hear, itchy rash = change for a tenner

I certainly dedicated each pint I drank to Azz and his sti riddled lady boys

I don’t understand? People at the office shit me whenever I have visible wounds (such as I do now from polo)… fukers don’t stop carrying on about the frequency with which I cause injury and pain to myself

unfortunately no visible wounds cos they’re all bandaged… unless you count the rather large bruise on the back of my leg just above the knee, no idea how that got there, back to the doc tomorrow so should get to see how the scabs are progressing