Brisbane invades Melbourne Trip (Late November)

gypo took out 3rd, finishing last K with a flat front tyre!!

3rd overall, 1st out-of-towner.

all round rad dude.

brisbane, we owe you big time.

dude looked destroyed when he crossed the line, which is exactly how you should finish a race when you beat out some of the guys he did in a new city.

erik and gypsy it was great to meet you both.

Thanks for the hospitality Melbourne!

We had the greatest time!

Inspiring to see what you guys are doing there partywise and roller racing wise, we have to do that here as well. Also cool to see the girls are really racing like tough guys…

thats cos we are tough guys…

rad to meet/ride with you both, come play again over summmmer.

and next time ill have a black sword (fingers crossed) to challenge you on. word.

if you’re coming down for polo, well, you’re on your own. the two don’t really mix down here. one of the weird quirks of this town.

Ah I don’t know about that, we have had a whole bunch of fixie riders playing polo quite successfully, were well received and if they have chosen to, have become part of the group. We’re open to all riders, be it folding, fixed, freewheel, mtb.

If you are after information on the tournament and how to get there, we’ve had our Nationals page up for months here

http://www.bikepolo.com.au/nationals

Scroll down to the Information pages and have a read.

We are putting together an information pack with maps and tournament details which will be handed out on the day

See you all there, if you’re planning on playing, please register before the 26th November here

http://www.bikepolo.com.au/nationals-registration/

So Brisbane, is that the best you could do?

Not one hater, elitist attitude or brisbane-bigoted person (that I met). In fact I saw all of you riding your bikes (and well too), and I’m pretty sure I saw you all enjoying riding your bikes.

Disappointing really for a fixed gear scene… :wink:

It was great to put faces to names and see you were all really friendly people. Everyone I met from Bris was cool as heck and seemed to be down to have fun.

The highlight of yesterday was seeing antmandan yell across the polo court to someone ‘hey come and meet heatseeker!’ (who it must be mentioned was fully roadied out on his tarmac SL amongst a sea of polo bikes so stuck out like dogs balls).

Thanks nikcee! It was awesome to meet some of you guys in the flesh as well. Had a great time being back in the old hood. My highlight was hiding Gink’s bike when he went to take a piss :evil:. The look on his face was priceless! Looking forward to seeing some of you guys up here early next year for the Brisbane - Melbourne ride.