Bullet Train Track Bike?

Can anyone help me out with information about a bike i saw in a second hand shop. It’s a track bike with very 80’s styling with a big flashy sticker on it saying ‘Bullet Train’. Kermit green in colour (if that helps :confused:) I can’t find out any info on a bullet train track bike on the web though. The ‘Bullet Train’ sticker could be alluding to a model name instead of a manufacturer. They have about $650 on it atm with no chain or rear cog.

post a picture. it could be anything with a custom made sticker

Hmm I could try, might be a bit weird its only a small shop.

Just buy it, post it up, if it’s no good, sell it.

Just tell 'em you’re interested but you need “a mate*” to have a look at it first, then take a pic. You’re genuinely interested in the bike so if they’re smart they’ll let you do it.

*foa

Just as well we’re all mates then

But it’s a second hand shop selling a used bike right? If they can’t offer you good information on the bike then it’s not at all inappropriate to take a photo so you can do some online research. Just say - “Hey, I’m interested in this bike, mind if I take a photo of it so I can do some research on it?” It’s not like you’re taking a picture of an off-the-shelf bike at your LBS so you can then buy the same bike cheaper online.

Good point. I’ll see if I can duck back in there today and get more info. I’m a bit reluctant to buy it in case its only worth half the asking price.

it probably is only worth half the asking price. the bottom has fallen out of the fixie market over the last two years, there’s some decent 80’s era complete australian track bikes popping up on gumtree for around $400 if you keep your eyes open over a few months,

Just popped in again today, been busy - partner just had our baby. But the shop is just down the road from the hospital haha. Couldn’t get a photo sorry (I might try next time) but I did get a bit more info out of him. He said it was a rare frame, bit of a collectors item (probably sales talk) it did feel nice and lite. On the front of the frame it had a PBTT sticker although the shop owner said that ‘Bullet Train’ was the maker.

Tried searching the net for all those terms but nothing turns up. Does PBTT mean anything to anyone?

It stands for Potential Bullsh!t Talking Trader.

Shoulda take a photo! Stickers mean fuck all!

Truth. You can call any mystery brand bike ‘rare and collectable’, it’ll only be worth as much as you pay though.

Most importantly, Congratulations!

Seconded!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Less bike frame IDing, more nappy changing!

Congratulations!