Bushranger 1100 . Newcastle. April 8 2017

Fucken lol Jamesy.

Tbh i havent really had a good look at it yet, but id say you need at least 3-4 lures and you’ll be sweet.

Good post

Fuck this was good value. I’m also in the exact same boat and have no idea how to camp or look after myself in the absence of a servo or 7-11. I’d be bloody keen to do it though. I’ve got serious hunt1000 envy at the moment.

Seems dodgy, but legit atmo

Jamesy, I’d budget four lures and eight days.

Ask Keith after Hunt 1000. He’s taking his Tenkara rod with him

Unfortunately Jamey appears to have been heckled out of attending by the ‘pomadeboizofbikeracing’…

Shame, as he’d offer some quality ride reporting afterwards.

I always thought Jamesy was a renegade, dancing to the beat of his own drum. To say I’m disappointed by this capitulation would be an understatement.

I’m still on the fence for this Nikcee you dog! Bikeraceboiz have no hold over me. Looking forward to going to rays and buying one of those mini pillows and reviewing it on the internet!

this could be you

edit: oh shit, is that a crosscheck in the background?

Have you read the reviews of that pillow Blakey golly…

Trolling is fun!

reserving opinions until HMC reviews it.

Wrap those inflatable pillows in your flanny… bliss.

ftfy

^ chucking out a few rhymes while making your coffee wtp?

Amongst the media silence I think I found the route…

https://marcus_lee.maprogress.com/bushranger1100

If the direction of that map is right (looking at the arrows) then one section is illegal to ride (the last bit onto settlers rd near Wisemans ferry is heritage listed and should only be ridden up not down). They should either take you down Shepards gully to Settlers rd or WCT to Wiseman Ferry rd.

What stretch of Old Great N road is illegal in this direction? This is relevant to my route planned this weekend :expressionless:

Should I turn on to Western Commission Trail here:

Route looks cool - looks like I’ll be riding the majority of the route through various rides this/next month, ha!

Tom - from the junction in the image, you could take either the Old Great North Rd or the Western Commission Trail.

The Old Great North Rd in that area is pretty tough going, with sections of loose rock etc. The commission trail is possibly worse though - I don’t know.

If you do opt for the Old Great North Rd, the part that you can’t ride down is just the last 1km or so, from the point where the Finch’s Line Walking Trail branches off. Just near there, you can take Shepherds Gully Road as an alternative to get down to Settlers Road. It’s a closed road, and no longer appears on Google Maps, but most OSM-based maps should show it. Shepherds Gully is closed because it’s so eroded, but if you go slowly it’s sort of rideable.