caad 10

To interupt the carbonic fibres debate. Spoke to someone with alot of sizing knowledge, measured a few things. Rode a CAAD8 in a 51 and the caad10 in a 52 on paper should be perfect.

So with any luck I’ll be huffing and puffing up a hill on a 2012 caad10 105 in liquidgas colours in the not to distant future… As I blew out my budget, still wearing my mtb kit.

I more-or-less agree with you however I think the key issue not mentioned is that there are trade-offs with using the hi-mod & UD carbons that need to be allowed for. IE Hi-mod is much stiffer so if you just built a frame 100% hi-mod it would likely be too stiff (structurally & comfort). Similarly Uni-Directional means the fibre strength is not as distributed as you get with a weave, so the UD cloth orientation needs to be carefully designed to match the stress loadings and/or varied per layer. So basically, imo, to say that hi-mod/UD is ‘better’ means you need to have faith that the designers have now got on top of these issues that previously they had not. Hi-mod & UD carbon fabric has been around a long time in aero industry and worked its way down eg F1, racing yachts etc with a lot of R&D to get the design mix right. Plus of course the costs have come down a bit too.

Late to the party, but a mate of mine has a CAAD 10 and loves it - been putting in heaps of k’s on it, too.

Can’t go wrong with the CAAD10. The 2012 CAAD8 incorporates many of the same features at a lower price point except for tapered steerer etc. I’d definitely consider the CAAD8 for a budget racer rather than a shit carbon.

But then you’re talking Tiagra with a CAAD8, which most guys here would probably want to upgrade.

Given they’re alu, albeit top end, how well do they ride?

The taper steerer is a game changer. I wouldn’t buy a new frame without one. The impact on a bikes sure footed-ness in fast less than perfect corners is night and day… But hey it all boils down to what you gona use it for…

Well… the last 2012 that csg was showing isn’t there, poor warehouse guys got a good earbashing. Less than 2 weeks should see me on the 2013. Getting mildly excited about fit all.

I got a caad10 in black and green in a 56 and I’m 182 cm. Love it to bits and it handles really nicely. Get on it!

I love my CAAD10. It’s my first road bike, but just from test rides, the Cannondales spoiled me. I was originally going to spend $1000. And after riding the Cannondales I almost doubled my budget.

Just got home from building it up, only squeezed in 10k of commute due to family duties. And now camping for a week so wont be on it for a proper ride. it’s the caad10 105.

I’m a mtb’er come flatbar fixie commuter so this roadie thing is pretty new to me. In general the bike felt super solid, nice and responsive and I’m even considering dropping the stem. shift is ok, could definately tell the cheaper cassette in the rear. It came with girly gears which my leg’s dont mind but on the ride home my lungs definately appreciated.

the RS10 wheelset is kinda flexy, but coming from fat tires spin up great. Will add a nice pair of road shoes/pedals down the track, a nice set of wheels when these ones flog out and I can actually notice the gains. And a cadence computer so I know where I’m sitting. Other than that, very happy. The TCR SL I’ve taken for a few spins is far more harsh in the ride.

In a week or two when I get on a proper ride will post a photo.

Congrats mate, with the correct fit, I’ve never encountered anyone unhappy with a CAAD10.

Once you can afford it, a wheelset upgrade will increase the performance of your rig immensely.

Finally got on a ride. After a week away camping doing nothing but drink and sit around a campfire… My lungs hate me!

Only a lap of the yarra boulevard, bike is great super stable but nice and responsive. I need to lose a good few kg so my legs dont keep hitting my gut, probably not helping my weak lungs either. Aim for the summer is at least 2 good rides to get my lungs screaming a week.

Old mid range mtb nicks definately don’t cut it for spinning up on the roadie either. Guess that can go on the xmas list.

Any ripper deals on CAAD 10 105/Ultergra 2012/2013?
I’m in the market.

What size? bike exchange often list some good deals on 2012 models, usually in the weird sizes.

Have looked there and came up with
2012 105 = 1699
2013 105 = 1999
2012 Ultegra = 2499
2013 Ultegra = 2699

The more I look at this bike, the more I like it.
In the market too, but I only need a frame, Looks like it’s way easier to get the whole thing.

Gumtree in ADL yielded me a brand new(less than 100k’s) 58cm 10/105 , that i guy bought and was too big. Shop wouldn’t exchange so he had to flip it.

Sure is a nice ride. Love the fat ally tubes and horizontal top tube.

Just pulled the trigger on an order so have now joined The Cult of CAAD….

2013 Black Ed. Di2 ultegra with C35 RS81 wheel upgrade.

Nice upgrade!