Canberra Bike Tag

So its time to get out on those bikes, I figure we have a pretty good crew going on now and hopefully we can draw out a few lurkers to get in on this. It’s a good way to ride to places your wouldn’t normally visit and hopefully discover things about the town you live in during the process.

The rules are this:

1. Figure out where the previous persons bike has been shot, and post a photo of your bike in the same place as the previous person’s.

2. Then post a photo of your bike in a recognisable spot in Canberra for other people to ride to and tag.

Try not to keep it too difficult - and in a spot that won’t take too long to get to (super south Canberra, super north Canberra).

So I will start things off.

gaaaaarn’ geddit!

I knew this was gonna start one day…

Extra rule: only Kumos in the photo :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Also, what’s a good way to upload photos from Android to here? Cyclebucket doesn’t work for me in Chrome

I use photobucket. Not sure if it is smartphone capable. Had to wait until I got home.

Photobucket app for android works (though can sometimes be glitchy).

I use an app called Imgupr. gives you embed codes, drop into post. tagged.

hi canberrans!

Excluding serious contenders. Tsk tsk tsk.

I thoroughly endorse this thread! Canberra has so many monuments and little statues/installations. Good bike tag city!

Bigadz, there’s an imgur app for Android that works well.

Thanks Rolly and Manatra. Downloaded

You should go up there and help them get started…

Will be back with my own later today…

Also, good game!

Good effort… but nope. Thats not it.

HI SABRINA!

Tag - Yarralumla Rowing Club

Here’s mine -

Holy shit Luke!

I JUST SAW YOU RIDE PAST ME IN <redacted> TO TAKE THAT.

RIGHT AFTER I TOOK MY TAG.

Welcome to bike tag, gents!

haha - this is a great idea. my location should be pretty easy to find.

Mouche - I don’t think we have met so you could have ridden straight past me and I wouldn’t have known haha. There were a lot of people out riding this morning.

Oh and addition to the rules. Luke has done it correctly… Once you have tagged the spot. You then let everyone know where it was for those people who were stumped.

For the record - I have no idea where that new tag is.

I don’t reckon you can post a tag you want to take without posting your own new tag in the same post, do you?

I was stumped too, unless Luke took the photo while strava was running :wink:

No cheating!! :slight_smile:

Yeah I agree - new tag has to be in the same post as the found tag.

Yup agree on this one.

Old tag and new tag must be made in the one post.