Canberra CX

Vikings cycling club is holding a CX race on Saturday at the arboretum. I think you can use a 3 ride, CA or mtba license for the race as they are trying to get as many as possible to ride. You can ride mtbs as well if you want. I I might have a spare set of tires if anyone has suitible clearance and wants to pedal their favorite rode bike. Capital Quagmire - (Vikings CX) - 27/07/2013 - Canberra Vikings Cycling Club Forum

So much happening the weekend I step out of Canberra. Well this and a whisky tasting thing I wanted to go to.

hockey on Saturday too this week

There is always hockey on. I miss playing hockey tomorrow.

Race was great. I stacked it twice, both times while doing wheelies which I couldn’t clip out of. Also, riding through mud puddles between 3m tall mulch piles was super entertaining.

Another cx race this week Cyclocross Race – ADCC | Canberra Cycling Club

Have confirmed over on the Vikings forum that this is cancelled in the light of today’s fatality in the mtb champs.

the people at Brew CX (not sure who they are) are running a CX series in Wanniassa of all places. brewcx | Coffee and cowbells
I live in wanniassa and ride my CX a bit in the place where they are having the race, its pretty cool, has all these lumpy hills abot 6ft high around the place. It looks pretty dry and bumpy at the moment though, prey for rain I guess.

In - although I need to sort my bike out. I haven’t ridden my cross bike (commuter bike) for a while now and the rear wheel is slipping in the drop outs whenever I go to put power down - I have done the nuts up as tight as I can. Booo.

Sounds awesome! Brew CX is run by a well travelled Canberran who should run a great course and is pretty laid back. Will try and make it.

• joel

A mate from work and I will try head down. I can only watch on account of not having a cx bike

I’d ask them what (if any) bike restrictions there are.

Every series I know of runs ‘open’ races where you can ride (almost) anything. Plus if its dry your roadie with as fat a tyre in it as possible will likely work decently well.

Cheers for the info. I might take the mtb down then. My roadie will only take 25s which I don’t think is quite fat enough.

I have a spare bike (about 55cm) if anyone wants to borrow it. It isn’t awesome, an old cannondale cx I put 34/34 gearing on for trail rides so if you don’t mind riding a goofy bike that may get a mechanical pm me.

Thanks, way to small for me but a mate from work may be interested. I’ll let you know this week.
Also, do you know anything about rego? Can’t find anything on the webs

Have a look at this Adam:

Round 1 Capital Cyclocross Series- CORC: Canberra Off-Road Cyclists

Also, who would be keen for a meet-up to practice CX skills? Dismount/remount, jump over logs etc

Have a look at this Adam:

Round 1 Capital Cyclocross Series- CORC: Canberra Off-Road Cyclists

Also, who would be keen for a meet-up to practice CX skills? Dismount/remount, jump over logs etc

I’d love to race this but I might be away and don’t have room for my cx bike in Canberra, saying that I would be happy to meet up for some skills practice as I plan on making it down to dirty deeds again this year.

Well apparently the first round is pushed back for 2 weeks due to the Duo Classic rescheduled to the 1st Feb, so you might get a chance to do it after all. Would be cool to organise some skill sessions though, how about sometime next week? Maybe at Arboretum, also I’m told Jerrabomberra wetlands is good too, but never tried.

Actually mountain biking in nepal at the moment but glad to hear it’s been pushed back though not sure what I would ride, anyone got a 54-56 ish cx bike (ss?)