Canberra - I am going to be in you!

Hi Canberrans,

I am heading down to you for a wedding on Sat April 12th. I am coming down on the morning of Friday 11th, and leaving the afternoon of Sunday 13th.

I am bringing my MTB and would like to hit Stromlo & majura at the very least. I can ride Friday afternoon, Sat morning (wedding is at 3pm) & possibly sunday morning if not too hungover.

Beers would also be welcome with any FOAers on the Friday arvo/evening.

Cheers,

Rod.

Yes!!

Majura might not be worth hitting though. I would go Bruce Ridge over that. Holla at me the week you are planning on coming down and I will organise it all.

Sweet, cheers Ezy.

In for bruce ridge

Where are you staying etc? Will you need transport to and from trails?

Staying in the van.

Do you need somewhere to get ready for the wedding?

No I am meeting my parents/relos at the venue, which is also a hotel, l prior to the wedding so i can get changed in their hotel room. Thanks though.

I think I have a field trip on the 11/12th but I might be racing the CORC XC race at stromlo (8:00am) on sunday. I’ll probably hang around afterwards so if you ride let me know.

Friday Lunch Bruce Rdige I can def be there!
Satdy Morn might be best Stromlo bet since you are probably going to get hammered that day and I guess its your #1 place to hit.
Then sunday if you have time/brain function you could check the remains on majura (I was there this morn, it aint pretty) or for a way better option, ride kowen/sparrow and see where the mont gets ridden and why people love it. Its 40mins out of town.
I think there was something cool on that weekend, but if I am around I might be able to do Stromlo too.
Aeons, racing XC, nice work mate :slight_smile:

Hey Rod! I have a wedding on as well that day - given that the girl is Irish as well, you aren’t going to the same one are you? Orla and Shaun?

Nah my wedding is an Alex and elyssa-would have been a trip if it was the same one though. Will get in touch next week re riding

This is my tentative plan for my ACT weekend - would be cool to meet up with some peeps if possible.

Friday I have to do a couple of hours work from 11:30 - 2pm. Then I plan to head to Stromlo to ride…a mate might be meeting me. Then I will head back to said friend’s place and we may go for a beer somewhere. If he is unavailable I will probably camp at Cotter.

Saturday going to head to Bruces Ridge for a few hours, then about 1 head to Eaglehawk for the wedding. Would like to try the Wig & Pen, maybe for lunch???

Sunday Morning maybe stromlo again, or stop at Majura on the way home.

Dang! Friday lunch was my only hope. I might take the bike in to work anyway, just in case. Hope the wedding is a good one :slight_smile: