Canberra MTB meet ups

Yup - let’s do this. You boys will love it. Will lock in a time tomorrow.

Alright, time wise - how about an 11am start? have any of you been out to Stromlo before? Just to organise a meet up spot. I am thinking down at the crit track.

I’ve ridden past it a lot on road rides but that’s it. 11 sounds good. I’ll be riding there from braddon woo…

I’ll be there. Need to leave by 1:30.
Aeons, want a lift in my car?

Yesplz

Alright - locked in. Call me on 0411 682 377 if you have any questions.

Thanks. I was going to ask for a map

You need a map to actually get there? Also - hows your dirt skills. I will piece together a loop that should be good to challenge but not over the top.

I’d really love to come along. Still entertaining in-laws, and busy weekend ahead, but if i can get there, i will.

I just needed the map you provided. I knew where it is generally, just not where to meet.
Edit: Dirt skills are reasonable, but I’ve got a rigid single speed, so not to many drops would be good

Bah, wish I didn’t work Saturdays

My understanding is that the strombolio ride is on sunday, black mtn/bruce ridge is saturday. Confirmation, Aeons?

I just stayed behind at uni to submit my lab early so I’m free free freeweeee

My dirt skills are average, my fitness is high (in relation to my dirt skills) and my confidence is probably too high for my skill level. My weakness is downhill switchbacks (though I blame this on having v brakes that don’t work and slickish 1.9" tyres so I’m afraid to enter them too quick.

Other way around duder!

I’m going to do bruce ridge tomorrow morning at 6:30am if anyone wants to join me

I’ll come, will be on my mates giant that is too big for me and has flat pedals though so won’t be setting any speed records. Can’t wait to see your ibis. Where do you want it meet at Bruce?

If you ride up the bike path that we rode along last time, go past the first entrance to Bruce ridge and I’ll meet you at the second entrance

I should be there if I can fix a bent rim tonight, having trouble beading. Don’t wait up on my account though.

My directions were a bit vaugue

Put this into google maps

I want to come but it’s just too early for me to get there on the mtb

I’m gonna go out again for a ride tomorrow, same time, same place, MORE RAD