Cannondale SystemSix

Hey dudes/dudettes,

I decided to change things up with my road whip by giving my CAAD9 a hiatus and building up this SystemSix frameset. Went with some Mavic Classics for an everyday wheelset that was really durable with a high spoke count, the ceramic sidewalls and well… ‘classic’ in the looks dept. Gumwall Open Corsa EVO SC’s are a set of tyres I’ve wanted to put on a build for a while now and I figured they were the perfect match for this set of wheels.

Ditched the super oversized and heavy SystemSix carbon stem (made by Controltech) as it was just too bulky and I felt a regular stem suited the shallow section wheels better. Putting together a series of headset spacers to make this look alright with the oversized headset was tricky. Similar aesthetic reasoning for using a seatpost shim in order to run a 27.2mm post, and to hopefully gain a little more vertical compliance (how much this gains I’m not sure, it just seemed to make sense)

I wanted to keep this bike as Cannondale oriented as possible but my nacho loves Romin Evo saddles, so a Specialized part made it into the build. ah well.

Cheers to users Rhino for the wheels and Snail for being the enabler with the frameset. Legends!

Frame: Cannondale SystemSix - 56cm
Fork: SystemSix
Stem: Cannondale C1 - 110mm
Bars: Bontrager Race, shallow drop - 44cm (will trade out for some Cannondale C2’s later this week)
Bartape: Lizard Skins, DSP 2.5mm (this shit rules)
Levers: SRAM Force
Calipers: Cannondale C1
F Derailleur: Shimano DuraAce
R Derailleur: SRAM Force
Cranks: SRAM Force BB30
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra
Chain: DuraAce
Cassette: SRAM 1070 - 11-26
Wheels: Mavic Classics
Tyres: Vittoria Open Corsa EVO SC - 23mm
Seatpost: Cannondale C2 27.2 (31.6 to 27.2 seatpost shim in use)
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo
Cages: Cannondale carbon.

Weight: ~ 7.6kg

First impressions on the 20k ride home from work - Absolute banger!

really diggin the gumwalls on that thing, nice job.

ps, roadie section!

So nice to see a bike without a jackass handelbra/hoods setup. What year is it? It’s one of their top of the line carbon frames when they started making them yeah? Interested to hear how it rides on longer efforts, I’ve always like the look of them.

Loving the gum walls. Rhys can you explain “handlelbra” too me? I cracked up :o

Looking sweet.

Also, moved to road section as per request(s).

would ride

nice bike too

no homo

damn nice!

Nice one Sime!

I will reserve judgement until I see some better pics.

Those wheels are tight. Mavic are idiots for not doing something like that still.

Thanks guys, updated pics up. (still iPhone pics, but yeah ahwell)

Yep it’s a 2007 model, front end carbon, rear end alloy. Still comfortable in the rear due to Cannondale’s hourglass stays, but noticeably stiffer torsionally than my CAAD9 when cornering etc. due to the oversized tubing/carbon… I’m into it.

Man Sime, this is so damn tidy! I’d love to give it a little lens love sometime soon if you’d be interested.

I knew you would like it’s feel. Perfect for descending Mt Macedon before summer ends I recon.

Love this thing

Saw it in person today and the iphone photos definitely dont do it justice, very nice bike.

Needs more HELLKREW decals

i enjoy this

Like that song that everyone hates, this is fucking awesome.

Handelbra, batrape, crabon fribe, you know.