Cheap 15mm Spanner...

Apparently this fella cuts a Snap-On 13mm/15mm spanner in half, doesn’t need the 15mm bit any more so they’re polished up and sold for $1. Snap-On tools ain’t cheap, but this is a good wrench for the rolling toolkit…

NEW UNUSED SNAP ON SNAPON 15MM RING SPANNER SHORTENED | eBay

0 Likes

yes i will. thanks.

0 Likes

Good buying I just bought one thanks for the link.
I hope 90mm gives enough leverage haha!

0 Likes

Bargain.

I did something similar a coupla years back. Ebayed a sidchrome 15mm spanner($10), one end open other end ring.
Took it into the council w/shop and got one of the boys to cut it in half and round the ends for me. ringy for the tool kit, and open end is a pedal spanner.
Look of horror on the mechanic’s face when I asked him to cut up a perfectly good spanner were gold.

0 Likes

90mm is pretty short though isnt it? I guess good enough to get you home/nearest bike shop.

0 Likes

Yeah, the plan is to have something small enough to fit a seat bag or jersey pocket to use for on the road repairs.

0 Likes

After getting my 15mm taken off me by airport security… I have now found my replacement.

0 Likes

90mm is indeed short, but perfect for backpack. also because its a ring spanner, you can apply more force without being too concern about it slipping off.

0 Likes

Once you factor in postage, you’re probably better off heading to your local tool shop (BJ Bearings etc) and grabbing a 15mm ‘stubby’ spanner, ring / box ends, chrome plated, fits in jerseys/seatbags nicely.

0 Likes

+1
You can get them so cheap locally, i dont see the point of getting it online.

0 Likes

Ah shit now you tell me!
It’s a quality tool though. You won’t find something this nice for the same price (even though it has admittedly been sawed in half!)

0 Likes

Bit of a thread dig, but thought someone else might find this handy.

Picked up a set of stubby spanners from Bunnings, $12 for 7 spanners which includes the all important 15mm. Perfect for the toolkit.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-7-piece-stubby-spanner-set_p6110521

0 Likes