Cinelli Experience Veloce 2012

Wiggle | Cinelli Experience Veloce 2012 | Road Bikes

Any thoughts on, or experience with this one? Currently on sale, I is weighing pros and cons.

What are you going to be using it for- weekend road rides, gravel grinding or racing?
Not a bad price.

Probably weekend road rides. I’m still happy with my trusty old Crosscheck for daily commutes and the occasional gravel. Though I guess the main reason for my post was, you guessed it right, the price.

what size do you ride, coz they only have small and extra small available…?

I’m 170 which should fall under the Small I think! (Referring to the sizing on the 2013 version there)

That’s a pretty decent bike, it’d be rude not to buy I think. Looks pretty sweet in black too!

You should check out chain reaction if you already havent. They too have a massive sale on. I saw some really awesome Pinarellos for not much more than what you’re looking at here.

Pretty sure the Experience will take a 28c tyre, which is good. Check that the chainstay length is more than 405mm, otherwise you’re stuck with 25’s or less.

Sweet, will wait for a few days and see if I still have the same $pending spirit! As I’ve said earlier, I was mostly tempted for the price, not 'cos I desperately need one right now. Thanks heaps for the input guys, appreciate it.

ftfy

Ha! I was being subtle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Postage will bump it up to over a grand, so you’ll have to deal with GST (plus a few other related fees I believe)

The frame itself is pretty average alloy from memory with an average carbon+alloy steerer fork. Cinelli have cool paint jobs but their alloy frames are nothing to write home about (this aint no CAAD10 1100g). When you factor in in the shipping and GST, it is probably easier to just buy a complete bike locally. Sure, the won’t get something Italian sounding, but it will be functionally the same. And Campagnolo Veloce is is pretty ‘low end’ even though it says ‘Made in Romania’.

I would consider the Cannondale CAAD8 which I have seen locally for around $1099, or a Giant. Hell you might be able to find a Fuji or Merida cheaper and it probably comes with a tapered full carbon fork.

The import duty is for the price excluding the postage in my experience

Postage will bump it up to over a grand

Yup, around $1,1000.

I would consider the Cannondale CAAD8

In fact I have! Been eyeing it for quite some time now.

I think you get Tiagra for most of the CAAD8’s, and the top end ones come with 105. Veloce is the equivalent of Tiagra I guess… I’m sure Campagnolo fans might chime in convince us that Veloce is the equivalent of Ultegra or something…

…at least 105.

Here we go… :slight_smile:

Ribble have veloce priced between tiagra and 105. Campy shifters on their own are much cheaper than shimano and sram though, I’ve never understood this.

Passion tax