cinelli pista(work in progress)

That’s Ok. I just felt obligated so that 20 years from now you’re not kicking yourself when they are very valuable (if they aren’t already). If you don’t need the money then I’d suggest sitting on it for a while. You’d be surprised how us bike nerds change over time.

If you are prepared to move it I’m sure there might be a few people locally who are interested if you can put a value on it. Alternately, I’d also suggest trading it for something’s you’re more interested in.

My last piece of advice is to sell it to Blakey for $300 :wink:

ftfy

What’s the funny clamp thing under the headset locknut?

The Pergolizzi one has the same:

Cinelli clamp i believe. Clamp system which came from Cinelli.

…Calling Spirito?

The headclip is a leftover from older style headset systems. It’s hard to know exactly what Cinelli uses here but often the steerer is slotted in a “t” section which allows the headclip to compress and hold onto the steerer. Important to have the stem in place before tightening (but that should be case with any threaded headset anyway). These parts can be fiddly to set up, hard to find and I’m not sure why they were still in use for bikes of this era.

Maybe they just didn’t trust spacer washers (shrugs shoulders)? Or maybe they thought that headset adjutsment was too hit and miss and liked the security of a headclip clamping directly to the steerer, thus using less reliance on the top nut to hold it all together.

Oh yeah … Sir Kev will know :wink:

pretty keen to sell this now, any idea’s how much i should be asking?

Looks like this Rig is headed North…

Fuck I love you Dubrat!!!

i’ll take it out to chandler for a shakedown braaaaah!

Currently sitting out on my deck waiting for e-go to drop this off… And not leave the box in the rain like they did with my Pogliaghi the other day…

This will be a long term project this time

so it won’t be for sale next week like all your other bikes? :wink:

Haha not this one…

For that wise crack no Chandler laps for U!!!

ah dammit!!

Bahaha

Came home for lunch today and was very happy to find a bike box at my front door… as I got closer this is what I found…

But thanks to Tommo’s packing all was well and intact inside the box…

This is going to be a very long rejuvenation build so I will start a new tread and update it regularly.

Thanks again must go to Tom…

heart rate slowly returning to normal

FTFY.

Looks like James Bond judo chopped the box.

HAHA Thanks to Tom for getting Velo Hub to professional pack the Cinelli

Top quality

renovation over restoration, imho.

Would be interesting to take it around chandler for a couple of laps, compare it to your race bike?

Yeah spend 5 hours cleaning last night… forks are done and half way done on the frame

I have discovered Ranex rust buster which is cleaning the chrome up real good…

The geo of this frame seems identical to the Pogliaghi I have… ( Pogliahi has over 30 world titles to it’s name)