Classics viewing

People,

I have no way of watching classics and want to watch them with other cyclists. Anyone have a set-up at home that would be suitable? Or know of/have influence over an establishment that would accommodate us?

I cant help but think that Keith could open his shed up and we could sit around the jigs and torches, “smoking his cigarettes, drinking his brandy”, watching the cycling. I think that would be best. Failing that, other suggestions?

We have a huge tv in a private room I can book out at college with couches etc but an alternative in a house would be undoubtedly more homey and pleasant.

I don’t have a TV

Are these going to be shown on free tv? if yes my place could be a possibility. Would require a bit of furniture moving but nothing undoable. Would be great to meet of Canberra FOAers too.

Well, looks like sbs is showing them

Spring Classics LIVE on SBS : SBS Cycling Central | Cycling News and Results | Video Highlights

Yeh, those times really aren’t work/family life friendly so I highly doubt I’ll join the fun

I’m thinking of recording them and then watching at more civilized hours, that’s what I did for the Tour and the world champs. So that’s definitely another option.

Sounds good! I’d stay up for flanders though, at least.

Hey all, so it’s Milan-San Remo on Sunday night, I’ll record it then watch on Monday night. All welcome, probably start around 8-9pm. Let me know and I’ll pm my details.