Classifieds

Consider posting for sale items in the http://fixed.org.au/classifieds section for more eyeballs… nick

Do I need to register separately to post items in the classifieds section?

I think so. But I suspect most people don’t check the classified section anymore and everyone seems to post “for sale and wanted” stuff in the forum.

Should we just remove the classified section?

Discuss.

Des

I have a couple of things I want to move and thought I’d post them in the classifieds as an experiment for all?

I tried using my forum login and password for the classified but that didn’t work. So I think you’ll have to register specifically to place an ad in the classified. I think forum members should be able to use the classified without having to re-register. NickJ, ndf or snowflake, any solution to this?

Des

I’ll stick me neck out and say probably not.

The classifieds are a different module to the forums so it’s probably not easily possible to share the authentication across the two, which obviously isn’t very convenient.

The other option if you want to use the classifieds might just be to register using the same username and password that you use for the forums.

I tried that but for some reason the page kept telling me that my password needed to be 33 or 31 characters long or something like that. Very strange.

Des

I don’t know how others check this site but I just have a bookmark that points to the “show unread posts since last visit”. Having a separate classifieds section that didn’t show in this feed means I wouldn’t be aware of the new stuff that was up there

I tried that but for some reason the page kept telling me that my password needed to be 33 or 31 characters long or something like that. Very strange.

Des
[/quote]

I tried to reset my password but the new one it gave me didn’t work. I suspect the classifieds might be somewhat broken.