Climbing partner?

Anyone here climb? Or want to?

I’m trying to get back to climbing outdoors more regularly but my old climbing partners have now either become unreliable in middle age or have moved to Tassie or the Blue Mtns. I like you lot so I thought I’d put some feelers out.

I’ve been climbing about 17 years but less so in the last 7 or so years because of work and kids. But I’m now motivated to get out again, with an eye to getting strong and efficient for some long-term projects.

My wife and I have come to an agreement that we can each get one weekend a month to get out separately for our hobbies. So I’m thinking weekends in the Grampians and Vic Alps climbing, gravel grinding, road riding and trail running.

I’ll be heading out next weekend to the Grampians or Arapiles, weather permitting. If I can’t find a partner I’ll go bouldering. I’ll be happy to teach rope and trad-climbing skills to beginners or anyone interested in trying it out. I just want to get out there. I’ve got all the necessary gear and a car, even spare tents and sleeping pads if needed.

It’s fun, join me!

Me Me Me Me

I’m on the tail end of a pulley injury recovery but just want to get outside. Have lead 20 sport, V4 bouldering, seconded some 16 trad climbs.

Keen to learn how to trad, happy to belay you while I’m recovering (can climb easy stuff atm) just so I can get my head around some of the more technical rope skills/trad stuff. Have a rope, shoes, harness, bouldering mat and a car (but no license lol). Also keen to trail run in the Gramps/araps.

I’m also funemployed until Feb…

I’m glad you saw this

paging jelmer…

Rad Aeons I’ll PM you. I’m watching the weather. If next weekend looks rad I might be able to pull 3 days.

Hello I know it’s a dead old thread but is anyone out there still interested in looking for a belay partner. I am a Canadian new in the country looking for a climbing partner anywhere at all in Victoria. Very experienced climber with lots of multi pitch and a small amount of trad under my belt.

Brought most of my gear I have a rope, 12 quick draws, slings, biners and just 3 cams. Couldn’t fit rest of my rack due to weight constraints. Oh and of course I have my harness and shoes.

I haven’t ever climbed using Australia’s rating system but I can lead 5.10 + and have followed 5.11 -

Anyways just looking for anyone to climb with any style top rope, sport or trad doesn’t matter hit me up. Although with trad I would only be comfortable following at this point.

you can email me at bumstead27@live.com for faster response

Hey bumstead, if you’re on facebook best to get onto the “Melbourne Rock Climbing” facebook group. You’ll easily find a partner for weekend missions to the Grampians and Arapiles. Arapiles would be best in the 5.10 to 5.11 range (18-21 Aus). The Grampians tends to get better in the harder grades, but there are still loads of classic adventurous multi-pitches in that grade range. Not much sport or toprope at either area. Now it is getting warmer Buffalo will have some adventures for you too.

I would have been keen 5 years ago. With three kids and a tough job, my climbing trips are now closely planned one or two per year! Next trip is to Squamish July 2023, so as a Canadian I’d be grateful if you could PM me with any good beta. I’m wanting to up my crack game, with an eye on some big free routes in Yosemite in 2024. We’re climbing upper 5.12s trad face climbing, but barely 5.10 for cracks!