Come at me, brodudes

You guys should put a team together to whip me next weekend at triple tri. No doubt you can give me a kickin on the bikes, and Aeons looks like he could give it heaps on the runs, but can anyone here swim? If so, i’m sure you will destroy me in the water too. But what fun!

Even if triathlon sounds lame, I am certain you will have a good day out. This is the best sporting event in Canberra, no doubt about it. Makes 24hr mtb races look like the frustrating messes that they are, the stromlo running festival look like a bore and…well, all swimming carnivals are rubbish anyway. the atmosphere is fantastic, the feed at the end is superb and… i dunno, its my fave event on the calendar in this great city. Someone on here rode the long bike seg on a CX bike a year or two ago and smashed it, so it can happen, y’know?

Sri Chinmoy Triple-Triathlon | Australia

Leg 1: Swim 1.5 km
Leg 2: Mountain Bike 35 km
Leg 3: Run 20 km
Leg 4: Swim 3.5 km
Leg 5: Mountain Bike 40 km
Leg 6: Run 12 km
Leg 7: Swim 1.2 km
Leg 8: Mountain Bike 24 km
Leg 9: Run 13 km

Looks epic. If the runs were split up a bit more I would have more fun. Anything past 7-10km becomes a bore for me because I’m so bad at running.

Bike leg would be cool:

I’m down. Might be doing the mountain bike section for an ANU team but totally undecided for now. Their runners and swimmers are nuts so I’ll definitely be the slow link.

I heard you have more KOMs than the rest of us put together