Commuting Capers

Soz, too late.

On my enjoyable morning commute down the scenic Sydney Rd I regularly see that dude who rides the Mercian (he has two; one fixed/ss, one roadie) and without fail he is having a go at someone - be it a motorcycle with a shadow in the bike lane or a pedestrian who accidentally stepped out in front of him. Today he ran up the back of a motorcycle and proceeded to abuse the rider. Just because Moreland Council painted a white line up the side of the road doesn’t mean you can lay claim to that patch of real estate; plus you rode right past a tram whose doors were wide open!

I really stuffed up my narrative POV then, didn’t I?

^I have seen that guy before as well, pulled up at the lights and yelling at a driver about I’m-not-sure-what. Didn’t realise he did it all the time though.

(slightly off topic - how come you ride down sydney rd rather than upfield bike path?)

Better flow into Royal Pde, less fluoro clad commuters going 3kph, less peds to worry about, feel like a knob going flat out on a bike path, no bell, no giving way at every intersection, I’m scared of ellepea, feels good passing cars, Tre Espresso is closer to Sydney Rd and Brendan told me to.

there are two solid reasons in there, i think we all know which ones

they’re all good

fuck you guys

:smiley:

^^ I’m off to tackle Sydney Rd now…

You know whats really fun?
Waking up in the morning already late for work, rushing around your room in your half comatose state, grabbing your work shit, throwing it in your bag, racing out the door not realising it is wet as shit, riding to work in record time, getting soaked to the bone, arriving at work fumbling with the door key only to look down and realise you’re standing in a full blown puddle of the water that has dripped off you, attempting to get changed and realising you have forgotten spare undies, spare socks, a towel and your wallet.

so now i’m at work, walking around my store in a pair of multi-coloured pink/white/green socks, no shoes, freeballing it in tight jeans, still with wet hair and no money to sneak off to big w to buy new underwear.

so winning at life today

At least you didn’t get a puncture hey?

haha, wait til the ride home, I think you’ve probably jinxed me

soooooooooooooo…
where do you work?

Shorts and t-shirt on the morning commute. Ripping tailwind, so flipped the rear to the free wheel and coasted pretty much the whole way from Preston to Richmond, whilst being greeted by a pretty stunning sunrise.

Fuck yeah, let’s hear it for bikes!

I would like to echo that sentiment. Top morning, even into the wind.

I too enjoyed my ride, a balmy Canberra 1 degree. Beautiful!

Shit yeah! First decent commute on Yarra Trails in ages and fastest I’ve ever ridden some sections. 2" knobbies ftw!

balls that i’m now at work for the whole day though…

shorts, no leg/knee warmers… arm warmers removed halfway into the commute. minimal traffic…

this i like… pity about the next few days.

I ride the other way, a headwind on the way to work can suck it. I’ll fly hI’me though!

Bikes rule!