Converting shamals to 10sp

^this is true wise one, but try running 9 speed on 16 hole 8 speed shamals ans see where it gets you.

12 hole 9 speed is fine as is, the black version vento type you can run 9/10

My set up, one set on a 10 speed set up for show. another on a 9 speed for go.

IMO 16 hole were the best looking ones going around so it was worth the conversion.

Mind you all old gears wheels etc are not going to run like butter forever if you ride the shit out of them :wink:

as you said, ride what you got, change what you want, just ride hard.

My memories a little vague but I vaguely recall using Wheels Manufacturing cassette for running 9 Speed with the Shamals. This was around year 2000, and the Wheels Manu. cassette had just come out (basically just creative use of spacers).

It’s more plausible as I don’t think I had a 12 spoke version or at least it doesn’t sound like I’d opt for such a low spoke count. Memories a little hazy, I do know they ran sweet without issue and with Veloce 9 speed shifters which were new at the time. I logged lots of miles on them and even went through a few sets of the lowly conti sprinters till the casing was bare without issue.

My Tommasini is running chorus 10 the first of the carbon shifters with alloy cranks,
I cant justify swapping it out to c-record but got the wheels cheap so thought ill wack em on.