Cool bike shelf

dunno if its been posted. tempted to attempt making one
Bike Shelf

that’s nice. i need to work out some sort of hanging system. my housemates aren’t appreciating my collection now i’ve got 3 in the hallway…
also really wanna get a Bareknuckle.

hmmm, not padded or lined could mean easy scuffing and scratching of frame when lifting bike in and out…

the design would work well with non tapering tubes… but the moment you have any type of tapering/hyroformed tube you’ll be in a spot of bother.

If you just had a couple of bikes you wanted to get off the floor and show off I think these are great, as they’d still look nice when the bike is not hanging… providing the wall behind doesn’t get scuffed up and marked. But for multiple bike storage it would not only be expensive, but not very space efficient either… although I don’t think that’s the intended goal so it’s fine.

Bike Snob is all over it: Bike Snob NYC: Hands Off: From “Do Me” to “Do It For Me”

Its a nice idea, but seems to me a bit pretentious to try and sell something that obviously needs to be refined (ie padding!) for so much money…

This looks great, and is a nice way to show off a bike if you have something worth showing off. But does it really save space when compared to leaning your bike against the wall? I would say that storing your bike this way uses exactly the same amount of space and is potentially more annoying because the bike is now at head height.

Waste of good hardwoods. Cool idea for a DIY project, but what sort of market is there going to be for selling them? Surely they can’t be worth shipping costs. There doesn’t appear to be anything unique about the construction.

Doesn’t look like there’s room for cables if you’re anything like me and run a rear brake.

geez, i think we’re getting a little too deep aren’t we. is the designer claiming to have invented the GREATEST STORAGE SYSTEM OF ALL TIME™, or is it just a nice looking rack for a bike that doesn’t have hydroformed tubes or exteriorly mounted cables?
obviously buying one at the listed price is a bit daft when you could knock one up yourself out of MDF in an afternoon.

I would say that storing your bike this way uses exactly the same amount of space and is potentially more annoying because the bike is now at head height.

but it does get it off the ground and makes it a little tidier, and you could use the space below for something useful. in my case i’d use the space to store my other bikes.

yeah i think it looks cool, not that its incredibly functional and worth the price.
i also like this by him
Scrap Table

or you could mount it so the bike sits just an inch off the ground.
and use the shelf bit above.

oh and Bike Snob NYC: Hands Off: From “Do Me” to “Do It For Me”

See post #4.

Yes I did get that impression, especialy with lines like While visiting many friends small apartments here in SF and more so in NY, I noticed that there is a void when it comes to elegant bike management. Void? There are hundreds of bike storage options, many of which are elegant…a lot more elegant than a timber box.

Anyway, this is heaps better.

His saddle angle is wrong.

yeah not sure how i missed that pin.