courier moving to NZ

Hi there,

As I m planning to move to NZ around November-ish. I would like to gather some info about cycling in Nz. I guess the laws are the same as OZ…

Do you guys know any courier companies, whether in Auckland or Wellington (or any other city actually) ?

Cheers:)

Don’t go. It’s cold. And Melbourne is way better, trust me, I’ve come from New Zealand to Melbourne and would never move back.

Na, NZ’s pretty good, Auckland is warmer - well doesn’t actually get the extremes of hot or cold (but wetter) that Melbs does.

Everywhere else is colder and windier.

But you pay will be worse and living costs about the same.

Plenty of good riding, more bush close to cities for MTB’ing but cycling out in the country can be worse cos there are just alot less roads to choose from so you end up on busy ones.

No idea about bike courier work but they do exist in Welly and Auck!

just go to the sth island,
Pay is shit but the place is rad

You’ll need the most impratical pursuit bike you can find.

plus there’s marmite everywhere!

Cheers !!
About OZ, i’ve worked for Mail Call and I know how bad the weather is in winter…But if anyone wants to sponsor me so I can come back, Im signing !!!
That’s why I want to go to NZ so I can settle there and travel to Oz faster and easier than from EU !

Cheers !!
About OZ, i’ve worked for Mail Call and I know how bad the weather is in winter…But if anyone wants to sponsor me so I can come back, Im signing !!!
That’s why I want to go to NZ so I can settle there and travel to Oz faster and easier than from EU !

Hi ya
There are a few companies with cycle couriers in Auckland and Wellington and even Christchurch has a few riders (I’m one of them)

Pace and Kiwi Express/Sub-60 are two of the main operators in NZ but, there are a few smaller operators

In Auckland (my old home), winters are mild’ish’ and summer temps are mid-high twenties
In Christchurch, winters are harsh but, summers are warmer than Auckland and they can be very pleasant with temps in the high twenties to the low thirties…not too hot but, just nice for riding fast
I’d avoid Christchurch though as there’s nothing to do here

Pay sucks but, life is pretty cruisy

Thanks heaps @nomad i will look into those companies and send resumes !!
I know I will never be rich being a courier, it’s just something I enjoy doing !

@blakeyplz : no marmite, im going for vegemite !!! :smiley: