Creaking-Sorted

From the above website. Worth a look Hugs:

“Creaks: The common culprit here is clipless pedals and cleats.
Solution: Make sure the cleats are tight and lubricate the cleat mating surfaces with wax, spray lube, Armor All or some other friction reducer. You may need to experiment to determine what works best for your particular brand and model of clipless pedals. TIP: Just be sure not to walk into your living room with your freshly lubed cleats and track grease across your carpets!”

turn it off and back on at the wall

Thats great! Should help me iron a few noises out. Thanks

Thanks for all the responses.

Since last post I have taken the BB out for the 3rd time and put a shit load of grease every where (it is a generic brand of the shimano with alloy non drive side cup thingo). still creaking. Took the half link out of my chain. still creaking. put allen key crank bolts in. still creaking. pulled the chain ring bolts of tightened and put a little of the movable locktight on. still creaking. Lubed my chastity belt still creaking.

My body is pretty fucked and my knee creaks allot but that’s more bone on bone rather than the distinct alloy creak that I am hearing

Chainring is in good condition and I just got a new rear wheel so put that on with a new miche carrier cog. Still creaking.

It creaks when i test ride with sneakers so it cant be the cleats.

Next I will pull the Pedals completely apart and stuff to buggery with grease.

Then if still creaking will try putting the old BB in.

Then…

New bike…?

did you grease the surfaces where the LHS bearing on the RHS portion of the BB snugly fits into the LHS BB cup?

have you checked the lug/welds around the BB?

did you use grease when putting the pedals into the cranks?

are you running your chain too tight?

This a bit out there, but check your stem/stem clamp is tight?

yes, yes, yes, no

does it when I am doing no handed bar spins over a flight of stairs.

no seriously it doses it when i am riding no hands or if I am out of the saddle

Cog and lockring on tight?

Loose spoke tension?

Mouse in the tubes? Wait… that’s squeaking.

Speak to Creaky, his Hoffy has been creaking forever (hence the name Creaky) and he can’t find the source.

do you ride next to a guy called Larvelle Jones?

That is ok for some but not for me.

I will find this creak!

it’s a longshot, but the seatrails creaking in the plastic body of the saddle?

Did it start after Brownhill CREEK ride?

spokes rubbing? could it do with some oil?

lubed chainring bolts?

Possibley the interface between the miche cog and carrier?

If thats new, and the noise is new…

Try a different cog and see?

All sorted!!! Thanks Every one for your ideas.

I pulled apart my time attacks and greased the absolute fuck out of them. Put them back together and whamo silento. I now without a doubt have the most silent bike in the world. cheering :smiley:

Thank fuck for that! You gotta more greased up than a fish and chip shop chef :smiley: