CX Frames

-Carbon
-Disc
-Gears
-tapered headset
-Italiano

(although it probably doesn’t exist yet in disc form…)

Keep an eye out, carbon fork, aluminium frame cost me $400 ish. there are lightly used bargains out there.

Pureblood? Think it meets all your requirements, not sure about street cred though.

::T R A I T O R C Y C L E S::
track dropsouts but spaced 130, so could definatly jig u some gearing

They even have a bike named after me. Is it a Sign?

The pureblood is nice… I notice another member here has one. Where to buy???

for 1.5-2K for a frame you can get something pretty rad via eBog. keep an eye out for a IF Planet Cross, they show up pretty regularly and a full bike will come in for that price or close and you can flip the wheels/groupset.

new - there’s been a few Ti frames advertised in CXMag that would fit your bill, plus the gunnar crosshairs, but my pick would be a rock lobster. of course if you can wait there’s geekhouse. if you remind me i’ll check my archives for some other suggestions.

something in scandium might also be nice (redline conquest team, jamis supernova, pre-2010 kona major jakes) and can be picked up for sub-1000 new.

Horatio I actually missed out on the last carbon x-fire - they gave me the discount price on a crosswind frame that Blakey mentioned though so I’ve got one of them coming instead.

Shit eh? Got to be quick on the internet buzzer!
Look forward to checking out the Crosswind when it arrives. Either way the Crosswind is a very respectable frame.

+1 for an IF planet cross - or for that money the Ritte crossberg cx frame looks the business : Ritte Van Vlaanderen

Had a look at the Gary Fisher presidio… I like but… Well obviously it doesn’t come as a frame set only and Trek…

any thoughts on the kinesis crosslight 5t?
alloy but looks pretty good. gets good reviews on the net but i am always taking with a grain of salt…

i believe this is the frame user ‘benzy’ rode from syd-mel recently.

all signs are that its a pretty decent frame for the money.

Would this make a alright CX frame?
On-One Pompino Single Speed / Fixie 700c Frame + Fork (eBay item 200554362045 end time 20-Dec-10 07:22:03 AEDST) : Sport

yes

if you go back a few pages you will see a few people mentioning this frame

user’s sime and pip both own them and i’d hazard a few more other’s on here as well

Yeah they’re great. I’ve got one.

But I probably wouldn’t pay $250 for a used one. You’ll get a new frame/fork locally for AUD350.

Kinesis Decade Tripster (terrible name) looks good for those who want disc brakes. I’m thinking about one.

It’s a bit lazy but some forum knowledge might just be what I need. Links to any published specs for steel Cyclocross frames…

There is custom frame in the works and I need to look at specs so there is no room for error on the builders half. Building something around 60-61cm…

Hi Robin,

I have finished my cx bike not too long ago and have done some of the Munda Biddi Trail over this summer. I have been running Vittoria 32mm tyres but once you hit that pea gravel out of Jarrahdale you are working hard, real hard. I found the bike quite unique offroad and you need to use a lot of concentration as opposed to a MTB where they will sail clean over things, you are still negotiating your wary through and around them. Good fun though.

My bike is a steel, custom build from Tarn Mott of Primate Frames in NSW. Therefore it is a touch more expensive but worth it I think. There are photos on his site of my frame - Keir’s cyclocross frame in all it painted glory

The specs are Tarn’s frame with Ritchey carbon cyclocross fork, bars and seatpost. Fyxomatosis 46t chainring with White Industries 18t freewheel. Sugino 75 cranks. Phil wood bb and Phil wood hubs laced into Kinlin 32h alloy rims. TRP Euro-X cantilever brakes.

I use the bike to commute to work most days with road tyres and it is a great commuter, very comfortable to ride indeed. I found the section of Munda Biddi just out of Donnybrook was probably the best for a CX bike as there was a little less of the pea gravel.

Enjoy
Keir

Ahh, I remember the build shots of this. Nice ride, glad you’re enjoying it.