Cycling socks...

Black is for winter commuting, but what would I know all my socks only just cover my ankles, old school.

I wear black shoes an socks cause I’m a grub.

Ronde. 5 for 40 or 12 for 60 here.

Exposed ankles/cuffed pants are referred to as the ‘Brunswick/Hipster Erogenous Zone’ at our place.

Last time I counted I had about 10 pairs of argyle business socks, so I’ve been ‘experimenting’ with non-argyle cycling socks.

Swiftwick make some of the most comfortable summer/spring socks I’ve worn.
Merino is great for non-smell and for muddy riding (cold feet mid-ride suck).
Taller (and taller again) is all the rage right now, (next year it’ll probably 1" cuffs) but my old man still laughs about how he has watched sock height climb slowly over the past 20 years. I’m pretty good at belting my shins so the extra coverage works well, and you can get some great dust/mud lines going with taller socks.
White socks are dumb… like I want to spend more time cleaning bike stuff! :wink:

if they are the argyle socks im thinking of, you’ll regret the ‘value’ of the deal after a couple of wet races :wink:
#zerosockmechanicals

Pro tip: Uk ebay is the bizness for quality sock buying.

I wear the Bauer compression socks which I have for Ice Hockey…

Also have a couple pairs of these coming in - Socks n Shit mainly because they have cats on them!

Footy socks in winter for extra bogan points.

I barrack for St. Kilda so they also have that slightly creepy vibe about them too.

I use 4Shaw socks - both for cycling and ice hockey.

rode in with these this morning - endura compression socks

Rapha now getting in on the fluro game.

You should be going old skool, sockless with your fancy Grafs. It’s way better!

Those new pro team socks look good.
I got the cross and the black and the white pro teams… Fav socks by far!

I will probably end up there. I just need to skate in them in a few more times which will hopefully push out a couple of pressure points.

I thought this was a kiwi sledge thread. hahaha

Skate a few times with wet socks, that’ll help the leather mold to your shape. And re-bake them if they are bakeable, that’ll help too.

EDIT: As far as socks go, my Rapha and DeFeet ones are best.

I’m glad we’re separated by 3935.2km

aww cmon! they’re not that bad!

They really are Jase ha ha ha!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I might have to come in and check out the C’dale this arvo. If i get out of work early

im stuck in a team workshop thing till 5 anyway, send me a text if you’re on the way in and ill let you know if im out yet!

alternatively ill text ya when im on the out, you can see the socks in all they’re glory…hahah

I’ll just put this here.