date night

Does ASF&W do gluten free? Italian gluten free is usually, well, shit…

are they an Italian restaurant…? not to my knowledge.

from my experience, the best restaurants are the ones most capable of catering properly to those with dietary requirements. I had my 30th there & the vegan/vegetarians were pretty happy I’d say.

yep, was ace. though the famous chef that started that joint has gone now, and it may have gone to shit. on the plus side its easier to get in there now.

mamasita (and most fancy mexican joints) have an entirely gf menu, and good margaritas, and coopers long necks

ps also this

I am so having a margarita shortly.

Kumo Izakaya on Lygon st has a massive GF menu and is fucking rad. My gf is celiac and she loves it there. Kinda tricky to get to from Northcote though. There is also another great Japanese place on Smith that isn’t Peko Peko that has a lot of good GF options…I will try to remember the name.

The Everleigh. Be sure to be a millionaire before you go, though.

Peko Peko = rad. You can order it and eat at Kent St bar too. Kumo* = not cutting the miso after a few attempts. Shitty service, over salted food. Shame really.

(* - Izakaya! Not bike builder)

aka siro on the corner of peel/cambridge, collingwood. would eat there most nights if i could.

+1

And straight after dinner walk out the back door, through the kitchen and up the stairs to cocktail heaven.

cornish arms.

Supernormal on Flinders lane is pretty excellent. would make a great date venue. Or just go there and order like, 20 lobster rolls.

always knew you were a cheap date.

always knew you were a cheap date.

The Estelle. And it’s very Northcote-centric.

Unfortunately getting out of our budget with our saving like madmen attitude. Will find a night to go however.

Loving the options.

where’d you end up shakes?

Sydney road went into the too hard basket.

Rice queen - Then on to damask for a couple of cocktails for the lady and home again. It’s weird being out together without the pet monkey. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves…

Have now got a kid swap thing happening once a month with her sister so will slowly work our way through the options.

Thanks again.

nice.

Amazing how busy that place is when the temperature is in single digits.

Good pick BTW.

Meshiya Japanese on lonsdale street. Not that GF friendly, but friends took us there… Ox tongue. Amazing.

A couple of mates of mine got picked for this Bar Dream at the Carlton Club in the city. Their’s is Pickleback, and it’s rad. The whole setup is rad, like a house party with bars in every room. Last weekend this weekend. Go and check it out.