De Rosa

i’ve seen this as a bumper sticker…

Yeah he’s a known douche worldwide he’s the reason that the guy with nice stuff in Europe won’t post to aus he lives up here on the coast pathetic lonely old man.

I saw a placenta on eBay once.

I’d like to know a little more about him. Spill the beans … it’s friday and we love some juicy gossip :wink:

been watching his auctions for a while and he does post some nice stuff, havent had to deal him though, why is he such a douche?

Because he parts out colnago’s and derosa with full pantograph.

That’s no big deal. It’s his money and if he wants to make more by splitting things up that’s his business. Got no beef with him there … and when you add up the time, the cost and the hassle of selling things on eBay most peep’s know it’s a hard way to make a $.

Maybe he’s like many of us who pimp a few bikes because it funds our own habits. Not the first and certainly won’t be the last.

What I do have issue with is is an “expert” who gets it wrong with info and details - misinformation isn’t cool. Also some who sells crap stuff stuff like “campagnolo” copy seat posts made by Kalloy. That’s just keyword spamming and makes searching on eBay tiresome.

I scored a very nice set of stronglight 93’s off old mate, very nice cranks indeed.

+1

perhaps some of the coolest cranks ever made … especially mated with the 105bis rings (drillium)

btw … what’s the context within this thread?? Btw, I hope you have the stronglight crank extractor as is a different size to standard :wink:

The context of the cranks? Nothing other than I purchased them from the dude who is parting out the De Rosa. His attempts at making money have worked out well for me in the past and I have no beef with his methods (other than maybe sympathizing with anyone who was after that bike to ride and enjoy, I can see how that would bum a person out. My version of the cranks had this amazing outer chain guard that looks super nice, a very smart alternative to drillium.

Re: the crank extractor, I do my homework!

they should have bid more then

Heres what i notice a bit with his listing’s heres a Tommasini that he listed and ended jan 30
Tommasini Frameset (eBay item 270696253749 end time 30-Jan-11 20:09:08 AEDST) : Sport
and sold for $130 now listed again
Here Tommasini Frameset (eBay item 270707231217 end time 23-Feb-11 20:13:32 AEDST) : Sport

and again.
Tommasini Frameset (eBay item 270713762035 end time 08-Mar-11 20:00:46 AEDST) : Sport
dudes full of it or realy unlucky