Dirt Roads Out of Adelaide

Tech studies teacher not biology teacher justdave, settle down :smiley:

boyracer isn’t the only one as this is the first pic on Google images

Mr. ASIS man, i know nothing at all about this…nothing to see here, move along.

Currently starting some recce rides with a view to organizing a self supported winter gravel grind. Will be in the N/Eastern area and taking in some scenic back roads and climbs around Paracombe, lower hermitage, mt Gawler,Kersbrook region.

hit the bullock fire trail today. the initial climb up it at the start is an absolute bitch to walk, and if you intend to ride down you better have good brakes or balls of steel. otherwise awesome though
good view from the end/start

I’ve only done it on a CX bike, and if you know you’ve got to hit that climb quickly, it’s not too bad. I take it you’re entering from Hayward Drive?

nah not that bit, that ones ok. I started from dashwood rd, but its the straight ramp up (~150m) from bayview cres which I think is unridable. for me anyway - my sweet santa cruz SSCX above is a hi-ten hardrubbish frame, which I drove my car over the forks to straighten them a bit, and then doused in fluro line marking paint from work, with a slightly bucked deepV rear, $10 set of CX tyres (off fixed thankyou), and various handmedown parts. so it’s not the lightest thing, but goes alright for these sorts of rides.

From the bullock you can ride down the old freeway to the first or second double apex corner. There is a track that takes you all the way through to to the top of brown hill. Gets a bit sketchy riding down from there on a cx but still doable.

Can be arsed doing a screen capture but…
Latitude 34°58’29.03"S
Longitude 138°39’53.72"E