Dirty Day Out - Sunday 28th August

A nice 9 degrees for up that way. :smiley:

Sooo, I checked the train timetable and thereā€™s effing trackwork on that day between Blacktown and Lithgow. All services replaced by buses.

Rod is trying to come up with a plan b.

yes. very disappointed. Very. The amount of times trackwork has ruined my plans is quite astounding given that i only use trains about twice a year.

Just ride between stops

Basically the options are:

a) car shuttles - I can drive and take 3 people with bikes. Park at Glenbrook. Shuttle between Glenbrook & Wentworth falls (approx 55kms!). itā€™s a major hassle though.

b) Do a royal national park firetrail grind - loftus/audley/waterfall/heathcote/loftus. This might be difficult for people wholive north or north west to get to though.

c) maybe somewhere northwestish - i know a bit of a loop that runs off Bells line of Road down to burralow creek and up to Bilpin. Pretty far from public trasnport though.

d) Not sure yet.

I am leaning towards Royal national park - but what does eveyone think?

Iā€™d be keen for a royal national park grind.

Man, I was so pumped for the mountainsā€¦

Will have to think about what I wanna do.

Same!

Yeah, I have a bunch of family stuff that has come up this week and would be out anyway. Rod and all, Iā€™m really keen to go single-speeding still. Will make sure that I get out at another time.

Sorry about the trackwork too, it sucks. And if you are looking for an alternative I would suggest the old north road and return via St Albans maybe. It is a bit more technical in parts on the GNR, and then downhill dirt cruising to the pub.

Just so itā€™s official this ride has been cancelled (postponed?) due to trackwork affecting everyoneā€™s ability to get to Wentworth Falls and back. I donā€™t know when I will have a free weekend next, but wonā€™t be till late September.

There was talk of doing a RNP fire trail grind instead but I have heard those mtb trails are closed too because of the recent rain and they need to dry out.

Heavymetal is doing a Wisemans Ferry ride, and Evan and I might head to Wylde MTB park for a spin ( if it is open! - bloody rain).

Disappointed but out of our control.
Stay tuned for more rides
Rod

Bummer! Next time.