Discreet bell installation

Brake bell, so when you grab a handfull of brakes then your bell rings…

Fixed Gear Gallery :: Langster

Endorsed by me…I have one hanging on my Deuter…good that way because I ride different bikes to work, depending on my mood, and not every bike has a bell.

maybe… if you look like this:

Yes - they must have at least one mechanical braking device. No one’s challenged a fine yet (last I knew) so as to settle this issue of whether a fixed wheel setup falls under this definition… I would gladly do it, but despite hanging heaps rad whip skids in front of police, I’ve never been fined for riding brakeless

BRAKE DEBATE!!

what i meant though is that pdmeyer seems to want to keep his fixie sleek and minimal and zen and shit, so he’s probably not after legal advice.

anyway i think he needs to get a whistle and be done with it.

Whistle? If I had glow sticks and wear phat pants then maybe…

Nah pass.

I see a guy who commutes in full rave gear every day.

I’ve used the whistle before. Just strapped it to be my backpack strap. Certainly got people’s attention better than a bell ever has. Really pissed a few people off too. Also the honky-thing option is a good one.

Rave whistle or rape whistle?

honky things rule - they’re far less offensive and half the time people will happily move and chuckle about it too.

This. Have one on my gf’s bike for that reason. Too bad she’s a raging lunatic on the bike paths and regularly yells abuse at people not doing the right thing.

how do i find honky thing on the internet?? lost my last one

they’re like $2 from kmart, or the chicago equivalent of kmart

Whaddya know, it’s an oz invention

HONKA HOOTA - Bicycle Air Horn - A bicycle horn the same SIZE and SHAPE as a bicycle bell!

How many do you need?
Amazon.com: Honka Hoota Horns (Assorted Colors, Box of 24): Sports & Outdoors

Anyway, here’s your solution:
Honka Hoota Horn 100037480 at CambriaBike.com
http://www.crank-2.com/store/product/5872/Honka-Hoota-Bicycle-Air-Horn/

cheers blakey…and yeah things aren’t entirely the same here.

woh that’s awesome. if australia ever host the world cup, i hope everyone in the crowd has one

i’m gonna get one for the chunky toad.

truth.

id be inclined to challenge a ticket (later) if i had a bell/hoota attached to my bag - using the reasoning that CC mentions, or that you have had them frequently stolen and this avoids that.

i’m still considering getting a duck call/whistle for alerting the latte-wielding meat pylons i encounter, plus LOLz.

or a kazoo. or a very small bugle.

do like this idea:

Paging The JAMS…

Paging Alex4point0…